RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Net-Fu

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Net-Fu Jonathan Bartlett 18 Aug 20:16
  Net-Fu Joao S. O. Bueno 18 Aug 22:46
  Net-Fu Sven Neumann 19 Aug 00:50
Jonathan Bartlett
2003-08-18 20:16:20 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Net-Fu

Does net-fu still exist? All links to any pages about it seem to be dead. I was interested in using it, but just didn't know how to get started.

Secondly, is there any way to force a script to run as the first scheme script? I wanted to define functions used in multiple scripts, and I needed to get them loaded first (Basically, in case I can't get net-fu to work, I want to be able to replace it, but I would need to replace script-fu-register first).

Jon

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-08-18 22:46:44 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Net-Fu

I know nothing about net-fu. (not even what it is, or used to be)

AS for the code re-use, maybe you could try moving from Schema to python.

GIMP-Python is standard on the 1.3.x and will be standard on the gimp 2.0 series (ok, I guess windows people will have to install python along, But python install under windows is a "next->next->finish" breeze, so maybe a binary install an even be put along with the Gimp2.x series binaries when they come out)

Python not only will allow you code re-use through the "import" statement, but will also provide you with a fully featured language, with file access and everything else for your scripts. Not to mention python ocde readability when compared to schema.

On Monday 18 August 2003 3:16 pm, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

Does net-fu still exist? All links to any pages about it seem to be dead. I was interested in using it, but just didn't know how to get started.

Secondly, is there any way to force a script to run as the first scheme script? I wanted to define functions used in multiple scripts, and I needed to get them loaded first (Basically, in case I can't get net-fu to work, I want to be able to replace it, but I would need to replace script-fu-register first).

Jon

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Sven Neumann
2003-08-19 00:50:44 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Net-Fu

Hi,

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 20:16, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

Secondly, is there any way to force a script to run as the first scheme script? I wanted to define functions used in multiple scripts, and I needed to get them loaded first.

All script-fu scripts are loaded by the script-fu extension at startup and can this use any functions defined in any other script-fu. Yes, this is ugly and noone is particulary happyy about this but that's how it works.

Sven