RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Is it too late to send a l10n patch for GIMP 2.4.0?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Is it too late to send a l10n patch for GIMP 2.4.0? Choi, Ji-Hui 22 Aug 03:40
  Is it too late to send a l10n patch for GIMP 2.4.0? Martin Nordholts 22 Aug 17:46
  Is it too late to send a l10n patch for GIMP 2.4.0? Michael Natterer 22 Aug 21:56
   Is it too late to send a l10n patch for GIMP 2.4.0? Choi, Ji-Hui 23 Aug 16:51
Is it too late to send a l10n patch for GIMP2.4.0? William Skaggs 22 Aug 20:16
Choi, Ji-Hui
2007-08-22 03:40:00 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Hi. I'm new in gimp development.

few day ago, I checked gimp 2.4 rc1 source, and then I noticed the l10n file for korean was so terrible. it means translation was not apply almostly.

so I contacted our tongue translator, and got an answer. "it's for you." :-( BTW, so I fixed, reassigned, etc..

now I wonder, can I apply this patch on 2.4.0? if I'm not late, where and what do I send? I worked with po file using poedit on windows XP

please, give me advice

Greetings

Martin Nordholts
2007-08-22 17:46:42 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Choi, Ji-Hui wrote:

few day ago, I checked gimp 2.4 rc1 source, and then I noticed the l10n file for korean was so terrible. it means translation was not apply almostly.

so I contacted our tongue translator, and got an answer. "it's for you." :-( BTW, so I fixed, reassigned, etc..

now I wonder, can I apply this patch on 2.4.0? if I'm not late, where and what do I send? I worked with po file using poedit on windows XP

please, give me advice

Greetings

Hello Choi

I'm not sure what the Right way of doing this is, but for now you can attach the diff of the language file in reply to this mail, so that a developer can look it through and commit it if it looks ok.

- Martin

William Skaggs
2007-08-22 20:16:45 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Is it too late to send a l10n patch for GIMP2.4.0?

My understanding is that it is never too late for translation improvements, even well after a stable release, and that the correct place to send them is to the person responsible for your language. Often translators don't even *begin* to work until the "string freeze" that comes shortly before a release.

-- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu

Michael Natterer
2007-08-22 21:56:43 UTC (over 16 years ago)

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 10:40 +0900, Choi, Ji-Hui wrote:

please, give me advice

It is never too late for translations, however all translations of GNOME SVN modules are handled by the gnome-i18n mailing list. Please contact them, somebody there will give you the right advice or sommit your patches.

ciao, --mitch

Choi, Ji-Hui
2007-08-23 16:51:20 UTC (over 16 years ago)

thank you, all

I just subscribe gnome-i18n mailing. and I'll ask them again. and I'll follow their advice.

thank you, again.