RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

2.4 showstoppers (update)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

2.4 showstoppers (update) Sven Neumann 08 Aug 21:22
  2.4 showstoppers (update) Sven Neumann 15 Aug 08:38
Sven Neumann
2007-08-08 21:22:11 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Moin,

things are progressing, but there's still a lot to do. Here's an updated list for you:

78265 Add support for ICC color profiles

There are still some things left to be done in the lcms plug-in. Also there is room for optimizations. More precisely caches for profiles and transformations should be added to the LCMS color display module.

156905 GimpAspectPreview doesn't respect the layer offset and ca...

I believe that this one can be fixed using the existing API. We should definitely try to fix it in 2.4 but it doesn't need to block the release.

349340 Alt behaves incorrectly for new rectangle/ellipse selecti...

Should probably be looked at. We should get the interaction right for the 2.4 release and not change it later unless absolutely needed.

355545 fixing the aspect ratio for crop tool

Martin is making good progress on this one.

356716 GimpZoomPreview is broken in some plug-ins

There are two more plug-ins that need to be fixed. Probably some low hanging fruits...

374854 possible optimizations in Script-Fu

This one can possibly be closed or moved from the milestone. Waiting for a comment from Kevin.

387604 print plug-in needs more work

I have done some further UI changes since the last update and there is still one tiny change that I would like to do. There are however still problems printing to remote printers. Might be a GTK+ bug.

417166 Default ratio for crop tool is 1:1 instead of

Martin is working on this one.

438997 Output on stdout when using script-fu console

Looks like a low-hanging fruit. Some help from Kevin would be appreciated.

459518 Channel preview becomes black when the channel is deselected

No idea how we can fix this one without reverting a lot of changes that I really would not want to revert. Perhaps we can keep it for 2.4 as a small regression and try to fix it later.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-08-15 08:38:19 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Moin,

here's an update of the update. We have made good progress since last week and it is time to look at the list of showstoppers again:

78265 Add support for ICC color profiles

This is now (IMO) sufficiently implemented for 2.4. Still some minor changes needed in the internals of the new profile chooser widget and at some point I should add the cache for color transformations. But this can be done without API and string changes, so it doesn't need to block the release.

156905 GimpAspectPreview doesn't respect the layer offset and ca...

This is still open but as I said already, it should be possible to fix it using the available API.

349340 Alt behaves incorrectly for new rectangle/ellipse selecti...

Still open and I didn't find time yet to check how important it is to get this fixed.

355545 fixing the aspect ratio for crop tool

This is supposedly fixed. Haven't found much time yet to play with the tools after Martins changes but I suppose it works fine now.

356716 GimpZoomPreview is broken in some plug-ins

Still two plug-ins that need to be fixed.

374854 possible optimizations in Script-Fu

We have reverted the optimizations that were incomplete. Should have another look at doing them for 2.6.

387604 print plug-in needs more work

After some more changes the Print plug-in is now ready for 2.4. It still has problems printing to remote printers but that is most likely not a bug in our code.

417166 Default ratio for crop tool is 1:1 instead of

As far as I understand, this one still needs to be looked at. It seems to be the major showstopper now.

438997 Output on stdout when using script-fu console

Simon and Kevin are working on this one and I am confident that it will be fixed at some point. But we probably don't absolutely have to do this before the release.

459518 Channel preview becomes black when the channel is deselected

I am tempted to ignore this for now and accept it as a trivial regression.

All in all it looks as if we are done with API and string changes. So even though there are still some bugs on the milestone, none of them should block the 2.4.0-rc1 any longer.

Sven