RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

2.4 showstoppers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

2.4 showstoppers Sven Neumann 07 Aug 09:43
  2.4 showstoppers Simon Budig 07 Aug 10:30
  2.4 showstoppers Karl Günter Wünsch 07 Aug 12:05
   2.4 showstoppers Sven Neumann 08 Aug 18:31
  2.4 showstoppers Laurenz Gamper 07 Aug 13:25
Sven Neumann
2007-08-07 09:43:15 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

2.4 showstoppers

Moin,

there are still some bugs left on the 2.4 milestone and I would like to comment on them, perhaps raising some interest here:

78265 Add support for ICC color profiles

I am currently finishing the remaining bits. Since last night the color-managed display actually does the right thing. There are still some things left to be done in the lcms plug-in though.

156905 GimpAspectPreview doesn't respect the layer offset and ca...

I believe that this one can be fixed using the existing API. We should definitely try to fix it in 2.4 but it doesn't need to block the release.

349340 Alt behaves incorrectly for new rectangle/ellipse selecti...

Should probably be looked at. We should get the interaction right for the 2.4 release and not change it later unless absolutely needed.

355545 fixing the aspect ratio for crop tool

As fas as I know Martin is working on this and expects to have it ready soon.

356716 GimpZoomPreview is broken in some plug-ins

There are two more plug-ins that need to be fixed. Probably some low hanging fruits...

360106 GimpPdbDialog appears behind plug-in dialogs

I still don't know how to best address this one. Perhaps set the stay-on-top flag on the PDB dialogs. That would be ugly though.

374854 possible optimizations in Script-Fu

This one can possibly be closed or moved from the milestone. Waiting for a comment from Kevin.

387604 print plug-in needs more work

We have come a good deal further here and I think that the remaining issue is actually a GTK+ bug.

417166 Default ratio for crop tool is 1:1 instead of t manage to make the release candidate this weekend, then 2.4 will probably have to wait a little longer. I will be completely off-line for three weeks starting from the 18th of August. This will be my honeymoon and you guys would make me the best of all wedding presents if we could get 2.4rc1 out before I leave. And perhaps 2.4.0 released before I return...

Sven

Simon Budig
2007-08-07 10:30:43 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

2.4 showstoppers

Sven Neumann (sven@gimp.org) wrote:

374854 possible optimizations in Script-Fu

This one can possibly be closed or moved from the milestone. Waiting for a comment from Kevin.

[...]

438997 Output on stdout when using script-fu console

Looks like a low-hanging fruit. Some help from Kevin would be appreciated.

I'll look into these when at the camp.

Bye, Simon

Karl Günter Wünsch
2007-08-07 12:05:18 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

2.4 showstoppers

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 07:43, Sven Neumann wrote:

349340 Alt behaves incorrectly for new rectangle/ellipse selecti...

Should probably be looked at. We should get the interaction right for the 2.4 release and not change it later unless absolutely needed.

I just stumbled across a similar issue with the latest version (at most a few days old, I'll update to the head later tonight (GMT) : If I select the whole image (pressing CTRL-A) and then I select a rectangle area out of that image with the rect selection tool the area does not replace the previous selection as it did previously - so that cropping to selection doesn't work. Only after trying to crop to selection you see what has happned: the selection seems to be both the whole image and the selected rectangle!

Laurenz Gamper
2007-08-07 13:25:44 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

2.4 showstoppers

Hi gimp developers,

I am using 2.3.x for quite some time now and it was wonderful to see how things were getting better with each release.

Thank you very much and keep on the good work.

Laurenz Gamper

Sven Neumann
2007-08-08 18:31:51 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

2.4 showstoppers

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 10:05 +0000, Karl Günter Wünsch wrote:

I just stumbled across a similar issue with the latest version (at most a few days old, I'll update to the head later tonight (GMT) : If I select the whole image (pressing CTRL-A) and then I select a rectangle area out of that image with the rect selection tool the area does not replace the previous selection as it did previously - so that cropping to selection doesn't work.

I can not reproduce this.

Sven