RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GAP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

21 of 22 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GAP Anke Lange 01 Aug 14:23
  GAP David Gowers 01 Aug 23:52
  GAP Sven Neumann 02 Aug 08:36
   GAP Sven Neumann 02 Aug 08:55
    GAP Alexandre Prokoudine 03 Aug 02:31
     GAP Sven Neumann 03 Aug 08:38
     GAP Sven Neumann 03 Aug 08:53
      GAP Alexandre Prokoudine 03 Aug 21:54
       GAP Sven Neumann 03 Aug 22:18
        GAP Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 04 Aug 06:58
         GAP Sven Neumann 04 Aug 20:23
          GAP saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com 05 Aug 11:45
           GAP Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 05 Aug 13:40
     GAP Sven Neumann 03 Aug 21:45
      GAP saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com 04 Aug 09:44
       GAP Sven Neumann 04 Aug 13:51
       GAP Sven Neumann 04 Aug 20:24
        GAP saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com 05 Aug 11:25
    GAP Esteban Barahona 03 Aug 02:40
     GAP Sven Neumann 03 Aug 08:49
46B3A343.9030007@popolon.org 07 Oct 20:25
  GAP Sven Neumann 04 Aug 13:58
Anke Lange
2007-08-01 14:23:06 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hello

like everybody else, I am very exiting about the release of the Gimp 2.4. Though I was wondering, if GAP will be running on the new Gimp.

I tried to install it to the 2.3.19, but as you proberbly would have known, it doesn't work and you just get lots of errors.

Thanks for any information.

Regards Anke Lange

David Gowers
2007-08-01 23:52:26 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

On 8/1/07, Anke Lange wrote:

Hello

like everybody else, I am very exiting about the release of the Gimp 2.4. Though I was wondering, if GAP will be running on the new Gimp.

I tried to install it to the 2.3.19, but as you proberbly would have known, it doesn't work and you just get lots of errors.

Thanks for any information.

Regards Anke Lange

* Works for me - I'm using the latest GIMP and GIMP-GAP from SVN. * GIMP-GAP is relatively loosely binded to GIMP - it does not depend on the internal structure of things very much. When GIMP architecture starts changing significantly to use GEGL, much of GIMP-GAP might still work unmodified; but such changes to GIMP shall occur after the 2.4 release, not before, if I understand correctly. * You have omitted some details (What OS? What version of GIMP-GAP?). It's possible that you simply have a out of date version of GIMP-GAP or the packages it depends on.

Sven Neumann
2007-08-02 08:36:20 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 14:23 +0200, Anke Lange wrote:

There are known problem running GAP 2.2 on GIMP 2.3 and they have been addressed in the gimp-gap source tree. I will do a gimp-gap 2.2.2 release with these fixes somewhen over the next days.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-08-02 08:55:46 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

I forgot to say. If anyone wants to update translations for the 2.2.2 release of gimp-gap (http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gimp-gap#gap-2-2), please do so quickly.

Sven

Alexandre Prokoudine
2007-08-03 02:31:12 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

On 8/2/07, Sven Neumann wrote:

I forgot to say. If anyone wants to update translations for the 2.2.2 release of gimp-gap (http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gimp-gap#gap-2-2), please do so quickly.

I started looking into it and here is what I've run into so far:

1. Old method of creating menus (/Video/submenu/another_submenu/) is used.

2. As result of the above, I've translated all translatable instances of "/Video/", but I still see name of the top level menu "/Video/" in English (would be neat having a mnemonic key for Video, btw).

3. I also see actually translated menu items (e.g. "/Video/Layer/Colors/Levels...") in English after replacing /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-gap.mo with a new one and restarting GIMP. Updating translations while having this kind of issues is not much fun :(

4. "Script-Fu" menu is created by "Selection to AnimImage".

5. Dialogs still show "Help" button even if it's disabled in GIMP's preferences.

Alexandre

Esteban Barahona
2007-08-03 02:40:51 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

2007/8/2, Sven Neumann :

Hi,

Sven

I can translate to Spanish, how can I submit changes? ...the only time I helped translation was with Ubuntu, they have a great app for online translation that separates what has to be changed ( https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+translations). Is it possible to implement this for GIMP?

Sven Neumann
2007-08-03 08:38:25 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

the problems you outlined can't be solved for the GAP 2.2.2 release. This release is bug-fixes only and it is supposed to run with GIMP 2.2 and GIMP 2.4. So it can't use any new features from the GIMP 2.4 API.

If you want to make sure that the user experience with GAP 2.4 will be better, then you should help Wolfgang by reporting problems and by fixing them. He is likely going to do a GAP 2.4 release later this year.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-08-03 08:49:16 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 18:40 -0600, Esteban Barahona wrote:

I can translate to Spanish, how can I submit changes?

The translations for GIMP as well as for GAP are handled by the GNOME translation project. If you want to help, please contact the Spanish translation team: http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/es

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-08-03 08:53:22 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 04:31 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

3. I also see actually translated menu items (e.g. "/Video/Layer/Colors/Levels...") in English after replacing /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-gap.mo with a new one and restarting GIMP.

Are you absolutely sure that you removed the "fuzzy" marker after updating the translation?

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-08-03 21:45:52 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 04:31 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

4. "Script-Fu" menu is created by "Selection to AnimImage".

I have now added some code to Script-Fu that maps scripts that attempt to register in one of the standard GIMP 2.2 submenus to the equivalent place in the 2.4 menu structure. This code lives in plug-ins/script-fu/script-fu-scripts.c. It currently only deals with the submenu used by GAP. More mappings should be added. Someone just needs to make a more complete list...

5. Dialogs still show "Help" button even if it's disabled in GIMP's preferences.

I have fixed that in gimp-gap, both in trunk and gap-2-2. Would be cool if someone could do some more testing in the gap-2-2 branch before I do the release...

Sven

Alexandre Prokoudine
2007-08-03 21:54:29 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

On 8/3/07, Sven Neumann wrote:

3. I also see actually translated menu items (e.g. "/Video/Layer/Colors/Levels...") in English after replacing /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-gap.mo with a new one and restarting GIMP.

Are you absolutely sure that you removed the "fuzzy" marker after updating the translation?

Yes, I am.

Alexandre

Sven Neumann
2007-08-03 22:18:58 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 23:54 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

Yes, I am.

OK, please try again after updating from SVN. I added some missing calls to gimp_plugin_domain_register(). That should fix it, but there might be more places affected that need a similar fix.

Sven

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2007-08-04 06:58:24 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

On Friday 03 August 2007 17:18, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 23:54 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

Yes, I am.

OK, please try again after updating from SVN. I added some missing calls to gimp_plugin_domain_register(). That should fix it, but there might be more places affected that need a similar fix.

Sven

I am getting an error linking gimp-gap svn in a 64bit enviromment, in both trunk and gap-2-2 branch:

/usr/bin/ld: bitstream.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
bitstream.o: could not read symbols: Bad value collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libavcodec.so] Error 1

when doing: gcc -shared -o libavcodec.so bitstream.o utils.o mem.o allcodecs.o mpegvideo.o jrevdct.o jfdctfst.o jfdctint.o mpegaudio.o ac3enc.o mjpeg.o resample.o resample2.o dsputil.o motion_est.o imgconvert.o imgresample.o mpeg12.o mpegaudiodec.o pcm.o simple_idct.o ratecontrol.o adpcm.o eval.o dv.o error_resilience.o fft.o mdct.o mace.o huffyuv.o cyuv.o raw.o h264.o golomb.o vp3.o asv1.o 4xm.o cabac.o ffv1.o ra144.o ra288.o vcr1.o cljr.o roqvideo.o dpcm.o interplayvideo.o xan.o rpza.o cinepak.o msrle.o msvideo1.o vqavideo.o idcinvideo.o adx.o rational.o faandct.o 8bps.o smc.o parser.o flicvideo.o truemotion1.o vmdav.o lcl.o qtrle.o g726.o flac.o vp3dsp.o integer.o snow.o tscc.o sonic.o ulti.o h264idct.o qdrw.o xl.o rangecoder.o png.o pnm.o qpeg.o vc9.o h263.o h261.o msmpeg4.o h263dec.o svq1.o rv10.o wmadec.o indeo3.o shorten.o loco.o alac.o wnv1.o ws-snd1.o aasc.o a52dec.o liba52/bit_allocate.o liba52/bitstream.o liba52/downmix.o liba52/imdct.o liba52/parse.o liba52/crc.o
liba52/resample.o -lm -lz -ldl -Wl,--warn-common -rdynamic

(trying the suggested "fPIC" makes build halt early on.)

saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com
2007-08-04 09:44:22 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Sven Neumann wrote:

I have fixed that in gimp-gap, both in trunk and gap-2-2. Would be cool if someone could do some more testing in the gap-2-2 branch before I do the release...

So far I have not encountered any problems with the changes.

I did notice that the file 'gap/sel-to-anim-img.scm' does not run under the TinyScheme-based Script-fu (it uses some variables without defining them). I have created a patch file for this which is available at http://flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com/GIMP/Temp/selanim.patch

The contents of that file are:

Index: gap/sel-to-anim-img.scm =================================================================== --- gap/sel-to-anim-img.scm (revision 681) +++ gap/sel-to-anim-img.scm (working copy) @@ -37,7 +37,17 @@
(idx 0)
(draw-type (car (gimp-drawable-type-with-alpha drawable))) (image-type (car (gimp-image-base-type image))) - (old-bg (car (gimp-context-get-background)))) + (old-bg (car (gimp-context-get-background))) + (selection-bounds)
+ (select-offset-x)
+ (select-offset-y)
+ (selection-width)
+ (selection-height)
+ (from-selection)
+ (active-selection)
+ (brush-draw)
+ (draw-name)
+ (brush-image))

(set! selection-bounds (gimp-selection-bounds image)) (set! select-offset-x (cadr selection-bounds)) @@ -94,7 +104,7 @@
(gimp-image-set-active-layer image drawable) (gimp-image-clean-all brush-image) (gimp-display-new brush-image)
- (gimp-displays-flush))
+ (gimp-displays-flush)
(if (= filter-all TRUE)
; INTERACTIVE animated call of any other plugin ; (drawable and plugin name are dummy parameters @@ -103,6 +113,7 @@
(plug-in-gap-layers-run-animfilter 0 brush-image brush-draw "plug-in-bend" 1)
)
)
+)

(script-fu-register "script-fu-selection-to-anim-image" _"/Script-Fu/Animators/Selection to AnimImage..."

Sven Neumann
2007-08-04 13:51:47 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 03:44 -0400, saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com wrote:

I did notice that the file 'gap/sel-to-anim-img.scm' does not run under the TinyScheme-based Script-fu (it uses some variables without defining them). I have created a patch file for this which is available at http://flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com/GIMP/Temp/selanim.patch

Applied to both branches. Thanks a lot.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-08-04 13:58:22 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 23:50 +0200, Popolon wrote:

Here is an updated version for french. Could have 1 or 2 mistakes, but mostly well updated.

Please do not send translation updates to the mailing-list nor to me in personal. This is handled by the GNOME translation project and you should have contacted the coordinator of your language team instead.

In this particular case I will make an exception and commit your changes. Thanks.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-08-04 20:23:19 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 01:58 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

I am getting an error linking gimp-gap svn in a 64bit enviromment, in both trunk and gap-2-2 branch:

That's a problem with the copy of libavcodec that is included with GAP. You better disable support for libavcodec when configuring gap. For GAP 2.4 we should include a recent version of libavcodec.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-08-04 20:24:51 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 03:44 -0400,

I did notice that the file 'gap/sel-to-anim-img.scm' does not run under the TinyScheme-based Script-fu

Did you also check the other Script-Fu script in the gap subdirectory?

Sven

2007-08-05 11:25:47 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 03:44 -0400,

I did notice that the file 'gap/sel-to-anim-img.scm' does not run under the TinyScheme-based Script-fu

Did you also check the other Script-Fu script in the gap subdirectory?

Yes. It appears to be fine.

2007-08-05 11:45:33 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 01:58 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

That's a problem with the copy of libavcodec that is included with GAP. You better disable support for libavcodec when configuring gap. For GAP 2.4 we should include a recent version of libavcodec.

Sven

To expand on Sven's answer a little, the FFMPEG project does not provide a stable API; therefore the GAP includes the source for a specific snapshot of the code and staticly links to it. The snapshot in the GAP's tree is from 2005 ; it needs to be updated and the GAP code modified to employ the new FFMPEG API (also for 64-bit support and GCC4 compatibility as well).

Wolgang Hofer, the main developer of the GAP, is working on that update but he does not have direct access to the Internet right now. It may be a few months before updated FFMPEG support is available but it is being worked on. In the interim, I would suggest disabling libavcodec support and using an external utility to convert your frames to video.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2007-08-05 13:40:10 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

GAP

On Sunday 05 August 2007 06:45,
saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com wrote:

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 01:58 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris

wrote:

Sven

To expand on Sven's answer a little, the FFMPEG project does not provide a stable API; therefore the GAP includes the source for a specific snapshot of the code and staticly links to it. The snapshot in the GAP's tree is from 2005 ; it needs to be updated and the GAP code modified to employ the new FFMPEG API (also for 64-bit support and GCC4 compatibility as well).

Wolgang Hofer, the main developer of the GAP, is working on that update but he does not have direct access to the Internet right now. It may be a few months before updated FFMPEG support is available but it is being worked on. In the interim, I would suggest disabling libavcodec support and using an external utility to convert your frames to video.

Hehh..that is a bit too much, ain't it? It actually _did_ build when I tweaked the Makefiles in the library dirs (and only there) to include the "-fPIC" GCC directive. 64 bit, GCC 4.1.1

It is not like "this will only work in 2010 or 2012".

js ->