RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

handling nodes in Curves tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

handling nodes in Curves tool Alexandre Prokoudine 21 Jun 09:03
  handling nodes in Curves tool Sven Neumann 21 Jun 09:23
Alexandre Prokoudine
2007-06-21 09:03:52 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

A user pointed out at a little annoyance in Curves tool that I've learn't not to care about: deleting a node by selecting it and pressing Delete doesn't work.

I see consistent behavior between dragging node to border to remove it and dragging a guide to border to remove it, but could we possibly make Delete button work too?

Another thing is that there is no obvious way to move nodes horizontally from keyboard. Left/Right arrow keys cycle selection of nodes.

Alexandre

Sven Neumann
2007-06-21 09:23:00 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 11:03 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

I see consistent behavior between dragging node to border to remove it and dragging a guide to border to remove it, but could we possibly make Delete button work too?

That can be easily arranged. We would accept a patch for it.

Another thing is that there is no obvious way to move nodes horizontally from keyboard. Left/Right arrow keys cycle selection of nodes.

Probably because moving a node horizontally doesn't make too much sense for color correction.

But in general the keyboard handling in the Curves tool could certainly be improved further. But before we start to change things here, someone should look at the whole picture and write a short specification.

Sven