RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Building imagemap plugin requires flex?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Building imagemap plugin requires flex? David Gowers 07 Jun 05:40
  Building imagemap plugin requires flex? Sven Neumann 07 Jun 09:39
   Building imagemap plugin requires flex? David Gowers 07 Jun 12:01
    Building imagemap plugin requires flex? Sven Neumann 07 Jun 20:38
     Building imagemap plugin requires flex? David Gowers 08 Jun 02:30
      Building imagemap plugin requires flex? Sven Neumann 08 Jun 20:48
David Gowers
2007-06-07 05:40:40 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Well, only if the source dependency for the various lexers has changed (eg. recently with the "The GIMP" -> "GIMP" global replacement). A rebuilt version of the relevant generated files should probably also be updated into SVN before release.

Currently, flex version 2.5.33 or higher seems to be required to successfully generate the needed files.

Sven Neumann
2007-06-07 09:39:38 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 13:10 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

Well, only if the source dependency for the various lexers has changed (eg. recently with the "The GIMP" -> "GIMP" global replacement). A rebuilt version of the relevant generated files should probably also be updated into SVN before release.

As far as I can see, updated versions of the generated files have been committed to SVN. What exactly is your problem?

Sven

David Gowers
2007-06-07 12:01:03 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

On 6/7/07, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 13:10 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

As far as I can see, updated versions of the generated files have been committed to SVN. What exactly is your problem?

Don't know. I just did the standard './autogen.sh;make' after running 'svn update' and make eventually crashed with the mentioned messages. I hadn't modified any files and as far as the server could tell me, my copy was up to date. (I've checked this again, just now, and no relevant files were updated)

Maybe it's an obscure bug in Subversion (my client is v1.3.1); In any case, I *DID* require flex 2.5.33 in order for the 'make' command to successfully complete.

Sven Neumann
2007-06-07 20:38:41 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 19:31 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

Don't know. I just did the standard './autogen.sh;make' after running 'svn update' and make eventually crashed with the mentioned messages.

Well, you didn't mention the message yet. That's why I asked you to describe the problem in more detail.

Sven

David Gowers
2007-06-08 02:30:46 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

On 6/8/07, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 19:31 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

Don't know. I just did the standard './autogen.sh;make' after running 'svn update' and make eventually crashed with the mentioned messages.

Well, you didn't mention the message yet. That's why I asked you to describe the problem in more detail.

Sven

Something has gone badly wrong. I did quote them.. I may have even quoted them twice.
I don't have a copy of the errors saved, but this is what happened roughly:

1. 'make' runs. Eventually it reaches the imagemap plugin directory. 2. imap_csim.l is used to generate imap_csim_(parse|lex).[ch] with flex. 3. Either imap_csim_parse.c or imap_csim_lex.c is complained about by the compiler:

:1839: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_get_lineno' :1848: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_get_in' :1856: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_get_out' :1864: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_get_leng' :1873: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_get_text' :1882: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_set_lineno' :1894: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_set_in' :1899: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_set_out' :1904: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_get_debug' :1909: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_set_debug' :1943: warning: no previous prototype for 'csim_lex_destroy' :1347: warning: 'yyunput' defined but not used

(In fact, these messages still occur even when building proceeds successfully. By themselves they are probably not significant.)

Similar messages also appear for imap_cern

4. Compilation continues. At link time, the linker complains of unresolved references to symbols, which all are csim_* functions.

I cannot reproduce this #4 any more, not even if I downgrade flex to 2.5.31. It just happily links. Maybe the version of flex provided by synaptic was glitched.

Sven Neumann
2007-06-08 20:48:34 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 10:00 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

1. 'make' runs. Eventually it reaches the imagemap plugin directory. 2. imap_csim.l is used to generate imap_csim_(parse|lex).[ch] with flex.

That shouldn't happen as we keep the generated files in SVN and you shouldn't have to rebuild them. But it appears that Mukund changed the files recently using search and replace and that may have caused the timestamps of the source files to become newer than the generated files.

Touching the imap_csim_(parse|lex).[ch] would have been sufficient to fix this glitch.

Sven