RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

LGM - goint to, and GIMP presentation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

LGM - goint to, and GIMP presentation Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 27 Feb 03:50
  LGM - goint to, and GIMP presentation Jakub Steiner 27 Feb 23:59
Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2007-02-27 03:50:39 UTC (about 17 years ago)

GIMP presentation at LGM -

Hi people -

LGM guys are asking for a GIMP presentation at the Libre Graphics Meeting. Something to show off GIMP's capabilities, new features in the 2.4 version, and plans for the future.

The other big projects there will feature such a presentation (more or less like Andyfitsz's presentation last year, sans the bugs)

""" usage is of utmost importance; we expect many graphics pros who haven't even heard of FLOSS"""

So, if anyone wants to present such a lecture, please step ahead -

Just remembering you that Pippin will already present something about the achievements and other dark magic in GEGL.

----------- In time: anyone who wants to get GIMP/LGM sponsorship to be there, should contact me ASAP, if had not done so (ok, some people did not write me, I picked the names inthe GIMP wiki as well - but if in doubt contact me).

People already confirmed should start looking after booking their flights. Again, if in doubt, just ask me.

http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org

js ->

Jakub Steiner
2007-02-27 23:59:29 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 23:50 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

GIMP presentation at LGM -

Hi people -

LGM guys are asking for a GIMP presentation at the Libre Graphics Meeting. Something to show off GIMP's capabilities, new features in the 2.4 version, and plans for the future.

The other big projects there will feature such a presentation (more or less like Andyfitsz's presentation last year, sans the bugs)

""" usage is of utmost importance; we expect many graphics pros who haven't even heard of FLOSS"""

So, if anyone wants to present such a lecture, please step ahead -

Just remembering you that Pippin will already present something about the achievements and other dark magic in GEGL.

Hi Joao,
I wouldn't mind showing off the hard work of other people :). Some photo-related things that come to my mind:

* Linux input device support - wacom(pressure) + powermate(brush size). (Removing dust, dodging/burning) * Fullscreen photo editing, view customizations, demo of the new transform tools.
* Perspective clone, (healing brush?). * If time allows, corrective perspective transform usually appeals to people.

Color management would perhaps be nice to demo, but I'm not sure if we'll going to be in demoable state.

cheers