RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Layer Groups

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Layer Groups jEsuSdA 20 Feb 13:54
  Layer Groups David Marrs 20 Feb 22:21
  Layer Groups Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 21 Feb 00:34
   Layer Groups jEsuSdA 21 Feb 09:01
    Layer Groups Frédéric 21 Feb 18:44
jEsuSdA
2007-02-20 13:54:13 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Layer Groups

Hello!

I'm not a developer, but i suscribed to the devel list because i work everyday with gimp and i like to know how it grow day by day.

First at all i would to congratulate us for you efforts. I love Gimp and i try to install it wherever i can (friends, family, office, ...) and i have made some conferences to stimulate gimp use.

My question is why and when Gimp will include LAYER GROUPS or FOLDERS (more useful)?

I think Layer Folders were a great utility, and when i work with lot of layers i need them. ;)

Thanks!

jEsuSdA 8)

Pdta: Excuse my poor english, i'm from spain. ;)

David Marrs
2007-02-20 22:21:52 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Layer Groups

jEsuSdA wrote:

My question is why and when Gimp will include LAYER GROUPS or FOLDERS (more useful)?

See http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=86337 for the current situation.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2007-02-21 00:34:51 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Layer Groups

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 09:54, jEsuSdA wrote:

Hello!

I'm not a developer, but i suscribed to the devel list because i work everyday with gimp and i like to know how it grow day by day.

First at all i would to congratulate us for you efforts. I love Gimp and i try to install it wherever i can (friends, family, office, ...) and i have made some conferences to stimulate gimp use.

I think Layer Folders were a great utility, and when i work with lot of layers i need them. ;)

Hi Jesusda
(I should regard that my typing skills are bad enough already without me trying to copy the casing in your nick)

As soona s gimp 2.4 is out, we will start working in merging teh Gimp core with GEGL. GEGL provides teh equivaletn of layer folders out of the box - so it is almost certain that teh gimpv ersion following the next one, be it 2.6 or 3.0, will feature those.

However, we are at the moment with very little main force to propel the GIMP forward - given the natrue of your work maybe you cuod yurself, or incetivate some of your students, t join our efforts.

That said, I have made a hak soemwher that uses Python plug-ins and parasites to be able to name certain layer groups and have some minimal funcitonality with that. I can mail you those f you are interested.

Regards,

js ->

----------------------------- http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/

Thanks!

jEsuSdA 8)

Pdta: Excuse my poor english, i'm from spain. ;)

jEsuSdA
2007-02-21 09:01:43 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Layer Groups

That said, I have made a hak soemwher that uses Python plug-ins and parasites to be able to name certain layer groups and have some minimal funcitonality with that. I can mail you those f you are interested.

Regards,

Of course!
Send me it! ;)

Thanks!

Frédéric
2007-02-21 18:44:16 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Layer Groups

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 09:01, jEsuSdA wrote:

Regards,

Of course!
Send me it! ;)

I'm also interested to test this hack... Could it be possible to put it on a public site?