RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

using OpenCV in Gimp?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

using OpenCV in Gimp? solotim 20 Jan 06:54
using OpenCV in Gimp? solotim 21 Jan 04:56
  using OpenCV in Gimp? Sven Neumann 22 Jan 08:46
  using OpenCV in Gimp? David Hodson 22 Jan 09:02
solotim
2007-01-20 06:54:06 UTC (over 17 years ago)

using OpenCV in Gimp?

Hi all~

Several weeks ago I worte a program to remove dust spot in digital image which is shoot by Single Reflect Camera. I finished it by OpenCV and try to make a UI by Java/Swing, and use SWIG to bind C and Java. Later, I found the Java UI is far from desirable one. It's too slow to handle with big picture of 3008x2008 pixels or bigger.

And now, I think it's not proper to make it run alone. Alternatively, embedding it as a plug-in to Gimp will be a good idea. Thus, I want to begin learning Gimp plug-in course.

My problem is, is it possible to let Gimp work with a plug-in wrotten by OpenCV? Or, any suggestion?

Thank you~

solotim
2007-01-21 04:56:35 UTC (over 17 years ago)

using OpenCV in Gimp?

Hi all~

Several weeks ago I worte a program to remove dust spot in digital image which is shoot by Single Reflect Camera. I finished it by OpenCV and try to make a UI by Java/Swing, and use SWIG to bind C and Java. Later, I found the Java UI is far from desirable one. It's too slow to handle with big picture of 3008x2008 pixels or bigger.

And now, I think it's not proper to make it run alone. Alternatively, embedding it as a plug-in to Gimp will be a good idea. Thus, I want to begin learning Gimp plug-in course.

My problem is, is it possible to let Gimp work with a plug-in wrotten by OpenCV? Or, any suggestion?

Thank you~

Sven Neumann
2007-01-22 08:46:40 UTC (over 17 years ago)

using OpenCV in Gimp?

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 11:56 +0800, solotim wrote:

My problem is, is it possible to let Gimp work with a plug-in wrotten by OpenCV?

I don't think anyone of use has ever used OpenCV but I don't see why a GIMP plug-in should not be able to use it.

BTW, it would have been nice not to assume that everyone knows what the term OpenCV refers to. It's not as widely known as you might think.

Sven

David Hodson
2007-01-22 09:02:56 UTC (over 17 years ago)

using OpenCV in Gimp?

solotim wrote:

My problem is, is it possible to let Gimp work with a plug-in wrotten by OpenCV?

A Gimp plugin is basically a standalone program, with some standard initialisation code so that Gimp can communicate with it. As long as your program doesn't do anything unusual when it starts up (for example, start an event loop), it can use any libraries that you want.