RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Enabling plugins to get the user to click a point on the image.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Enabling plugins to get the user to click a point on the image. David Gowers 18 Jan 07:58
  Enabling plugins to get the user to click a point on the image. Sven Neumann 18 Jan 08:13
  Enabling plugins to get the user to click a point on the image. Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 18 Jan 11:39
David Gowers
2007-01-18 07:58:37 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Manuel pointed out, The gimp currently lacks any way for a plugin to get a coordinate from the image (eg. click on the 'seed' pixel). I've often wanted to do this, and it is a bit awkward without it. Has implementing this been avoided, or is it just an oversight?

Some example usages: * Color mixer: click on any number of pixels then press ENTER to set FGcolor to a mix of all those colors. * Zone selector: click on a zone to select it * Word balloon creation (see a recent post on gimp-user) -- click a series of 5 points to draw a word balloon (size, point shape and location)

Sven Neumann
2007-01-18 08:13:05 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 17:28 +1030, David Gowers wrote:

Manuel pointed out, The gimp currently lacks any way for a plugin to get a coordinate from the image (eg. click on the 'seed' pixel). I've often wanted to do this, and it is a bit awkward without it. Has implementing this been avoided, or is it just an oversight?

It doesn't seem to fit into the current architecture.

Sven

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2007-01-18 11:39:58 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Thursday 18 January 2007 04:58, David Gowers wrote:

Some example usages: * Color mixer: click on any number of pixels then press ENTER to set FGcolor to a mix of all those colors. * Zone selector: click on a zone to select it * Word balloon creation (see a recent post on gimp-user) -- click a series of 5 points to draw a word balloon (size, point shape and location)

Hi David:

If you do not need it in real time, that is, if picking a point and only then caling a plug-in suits your needs, one can use paths.

I have a couple of python-fu scripts myself that pick coordinates from the first, or first two nodes on the active path, and it is quite usefull.

js
->