RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Rotate tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Rotate tool Manfred Joerg 14 Jan 10:56
  Rotate tool Simon Budig 15 Jan 01:58
Manfred Joerg
2007-01-14 10:56:12 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Rotate tool

Hello,

my name is Manfred and I am from Munich. Currently I am working with the latest stable version of The Gimp (2.2.13).

I have some pictures where the horizon is crooked. I use the rotate tool of The Gimp to correct this. However the rotate tool could be more user friendly. Currently I am doing the following:

- Point with the mouse on the left hand side of the horizon. - Point on the right hand size
- Calculate arctan of (delta y / delta x).

It would be nice if the rotate tool could do that for me. It could work this way:
- Click on the left hand size of the horizon - Shift-click on the right hand size - The rotate tool calculates the angle.

What do you think about my suggestion?

By the way, the point which marks the rotation centre is sometimes difficult to see. It's black if I move it to a white part of the picture and it's white if I move it to a black part of the picture. However it nearly has the same colour as its background if I move it to a grey part of the image.

Best regards Manfred

Simon Budig
2007-01-15 01:58:46 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Rotate tool

Manfred Joerg (hisami@wolke7.net) wrote:

It would be nice if the rotate tool could do that for me. It could work this way:
- Click on the left hand size of the horizon - Shift-click on the right hand size - The rotate tool calculates the angle.

What do you think about my suggestion?

Just use the "corrective" mode of the rotate tool and align the grid with the horizon.

Bye,
Simon