RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Spot channels in TIFF files.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Spot channels in TIFF files. Chris Mohler 25 Nov 05:09
  Spot channels in TIFF files. Sven Neumann 25 Nov 20:34
Chris Mohler
2006-11-25 05:09:49 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

I thought I'd give a shot at adding spot colors to the GIMP TIFF implementation.

If I understand, I need to look at /gimp/plug-ins/common/tiff.c and add some of the functionality found in /gimp/app/xcf/(?) (specifically, the portion that assigns the channel color and opacity), and have tiff.c write the channels to file following the TIFF 6 spec.

Please correct me if I'm way off-base...

I've see a separate bug (feature request) regarding saving spot channels in PSD files - perhaps adding the channels to TIFF will be easier, since the spec is readily available... (and add pretty much the same functionality).

Thanks, Chris

Sven Neumann
2006-11-25 20:34:06 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 22:09 -0600, Chris Mohler wrote:

I thought I'd give a shot at adding spot colors to the GIMP TIFF implementation.

Nice.

If I understand, I need to look at /gimp/plug-ins/common/tiff.c and add some of the functionality found in /gimp/app/xcf/(?) (specifically, the portion that assigns the channel color and opacity), and have tiff.c write the channels to file following the TIFF 6 spec.

Saving and loading TIFF files is implemented as a plug-in. You can't easily copy code from the core application (as found in the app directory) to a plug-in. You can only use the API that is exported to plug-ins. But you should find everything you need there. Check the API reference and look for gimp_channel_get_color() and gimp_channel_get_opacity().

Please base your efforts on the development branch or a recent 2.3 snapshot.

Sven