RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 1.2, 2.0, 2.2 crashing... (script-fu:14143): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read(): error

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

NoFirstName NoLastName
2006-10-05 00:02:40 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gimp 1.2, 2.0, 2.2 crashing... (script-fu:14143): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read(): error

Please forgive the cross posting to both developer and user... the user mailing list apparently is spending more time flaming one another about "gimp" or "the gimp", so I'll repost here.

I've compiled and installed gimp/gtk/glib on my g5. Errors result at startup.

I've copied the output below. Gimp 1.2 is crashing with the same error, but at a different point; I do get a splash screen with gimp 1.2, but not with gimp 2.x. This happens for fink, darwinports, and hand installed versions. Initially, gimp 2.x crashes when attempting to load gimprc, though if gimprc is created in my home directory, it crashes when loading themerc. The output is for 2.2.13 run with gimp -s --verbose

/opt/local/bin/gimp -s --verbose > output.txt gimp_composite: use=yes, verbose=no
Processor instruction sets: -mmx -sse -sse2 -3dnow -altivec -vis

(script-fu:14146): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read(): error
Bus error

output.txt reads as:

INIT: gimp_load_config Parsing '/opt/local/etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc' Parsing '/Users/jon/.gimp-2.2/gimprc' Adding theme 'Default'
(/opt/local/share/gimp/2.0/themes/Default) Adding theme 'Small'
(/opt/local/share/gimp/2.0/themes/Small) Writing '/Users/jon/.gimp-2.2/themerc' INIT: gimp_initialize
INIT: gimp_real_initialize
INIT: gui_initialize_after_callback
INIT: gimp_restore
INIT: gui_restore_callback
GimpClipboard: writable pixbuf format: image/png GimpClipboard: writable pixbuf format: image/bmp GimpClipboard: writable pixbuf format: image/x-bmp GimpClipboard: writable pixbuf format: image/x-MS-bmp GimpClipboard: writable pixbuf format: image/x-icon GimpClipboard: writable pixbuf format: image/tiff GimpClipboard: writable pixbuf format: image/jpeg INIT: gimp_real_restore
Starting extension: 'extension_script_fu' INIT: gui_restore_after_callback
loading menu
'/opt/local/share/gimp/2.0/menus/toolbox-menu.xml' for /toolbox-menubar
loading menu
'/opt/local/share/gimp/2.0/menus/image-menu.xml' for /dummy-menubar

I'm sort of at a stand still... any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jon

___

Sven Neumann
2006-10-05 07:58:26 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 15:02 -0700, NoFirstName NoLastName wrote:

I've copied the output below. Gimp 1.2 is crashing with the same error, but at a different point;

You didn't even show us the error message yet. The one you included in the title doesn't originate from gimp but from the Script-Fu extension which is expressing its surprise that the gimp process suddenly died.

If GIMP 1.2, 2.0 and 2.2 all crash on you, then all we can say is that your system (hardware or software) and/or build environment is severily screwed. I very much doubt that there's anything we can do about that.

Sven