RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

hot to continue with the heal tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

hot to continue with the heal tool Michael Natterer 04 Sep 14:57
  hot to continue with the heal tool Marco Ciampa 04 Sep 15:09
  hot to continue with the heal tool Kevin Sookocheff 04 Sep 16:45
Michael Natterer
2006-09-04 14:57:58 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi Kevin,

as you may have noticed, I merged the heal tool branch to CVS head. After that, I factored the parts of the clone tool that are almost identical in the heal tool out to new parent classes, GimpSourceCore, GimpSourceOptions and GimpSourceTool, and ported the clone core/options/tool to use the new parent class.

I've done the same for the heal core and tool, you can see the patch here:

http://mitch.gimp.org/heal-tool-ported-to-source-tool.patch

So, how do we continue from here...

Do you like the patch and do you want to commit it, or should i commit it? (given you like it :-)

Do you plan to do further hacking on the tool?

Also, WRT heal/clone from other images and from the projection, I think that code can nicely be abstracted into GimpSourceTool and GimpSourceTool's virtual motion() function extended by some parameters. What do you think about this?

ciao, --mitch

Marco Ciampa
2006-09-04 15:09:37 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 02:57:58PM +0200, Michael Natterer wrote:

Hi Kevin,

as you may have noticed, I merged the heal tool branch to CVS head.

[cut]
Am I missing something or there are several internationalized strings missing?

(a translator without patience.. :-)

Kevin Sookocheff
2006-09-04 16:45:16 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

as you may have noticed, I merged the heal tool branch to CVS head.

After that, I factored the parts of the clone tool that are almost identical in the heal tool out to new parent classes, GimpSourceCore, GimpSourceOptions and GimpSourceTool, and ported the clone core/options/tool to use the new parent class.

Great!

So, how do we continue from here...

Do you like the patch and do you want to commit it, or should i commit it? (given you like it :-)

Please go ahead and commit the patch. It looks great!

Do you plan to do further hacking on the tool?

Unfortunately, I don't foresee being able to do any more work on this in the near future. I'm going to be moving to Kenya to start a one year internship in less than 2 weeks. There is a possibility that once I am settled I will be able to do some work, but right now I can't promise anything.

Also, WRT heal/clone from other images and from the projection,

I think that code can nicely be abstracted into GimpSourceTool and GimpSourceTool's virtual motion() function extended by some parameters. What do you think about this?

I think this would be the perfect place to abstract these operations.

Kevin