RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

.:: GIMP Command Line Issue ::.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

BAY109-F1874D129EC382F85C31... Mohamed Hassan 16 Apr 09:43
  .:: GIMP Command Line Issue ::. Carol Spears 16 Apr 15:50
  .:: GIMP Command Line Issue ::. Sven Neumann 19 Apr 10:21
Carol Spears
2006-04-16 15:50:09 UTC (about 18 years ago)

hello,
On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 09:43:43AM +0200, Mohamed Hassan wrote:

HI
iam making a utility to do batch processing for blur filters (command Line) using GIMP,i have tried the batch and it is working fine, but it takes around 30 seconds to run on my machine (I have a 3GHz processor, 1GB ram, windowsXP?)??When I use the Windows interface for GIMP, it doesn?t take more than a couple of seconds at max to apply any of the blur filters (so it is not a machine issue?). most of the time used to load filters/fonts/plug-ins/scripts/extensions how can i dont load these extra with me when running batch file & how can i use a single instance of GIMP to  run all my command????? Thanks

i apologize for not stripping the irrelevant stuff from this email.

the way i have run gimp from the commandline and had it perform many tasks in one instance is to write a script for it. win-gimp has a script-fu interpreter for this. i am using linux so i get python.

an application that is available for doing these tasks from the command line is ImageMagick although the difference between learning to run this from the commandline and writing script-fu for gimp might be small.

carol

Sven Neumann
2006-04-19 10:21:59 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hi,

"Mohamed Hassan" writes:

most of the time used to load
filters/fonts/plug-ins/scripts/extensions how can i dont load these extra with me when running batch file & how can i use a single instance of GIMP to run all my command?????

Try the --no-data and --no-fonts command-line options. And please read the man-page.

Sven