RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

filter layers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

filter layers Jacek Gó?d? 19 Feb 11:03
  filter layers Adam D. Moss 19 Feb 11:21
Jacek Gó?d?
2006-02-19 11:03:19 UTC (about 18 years ago)

filter layers

Hi

Does anyone here know Lightzone (it is free for linux, but not open source, you can download it at http://www.sonic.net/~rat/lightcrafts/). The program is not something great, but it got one interesting feature. I call it filter layers.

There is something like stack of used filters, that you can turn on/off, change opacity, and all values in every used filter, watching the effects in real time. You can also change the order, or even delete unwanted "layers". This is something new, beacause one can use hue/saturation filter, and than channel mixer for B&W. Then, changing hue value, you can simulate the usage of color, photographic filter in B&W photography.

Is it possible in Gimp, and if not, does anyone think about implementing it?

I'm not a programist.

Adam D. Moss
2006-02-19 11:21:55 UTC (about 18 years ago)

filter layers

Jacek Gó?d? wrote:

I call it filter layers.
Is it possible in Gimp, and if not, does anyone think about implementing it?

It's been discussed for a long time. I had a working prototype several years ago, but it was pretty disgusting to implement in the GIMP 1.x era core. I think the general concensus is that this might suddenly become fairly easy with GEGL so it's better to wait until then.

--Adam