RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GEGL Developers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

873bjy63nj.fsf@gimp.org 07 Oct 20:24
  GEGL Developers Leon Brooks 09 Jan 00:45
43C142FF.1060706@lumenssolu... 07 Oct 20:24
Leon Brooks
2006-01-09 00:45:42 UTC (over 18 years ago)

GEGL Developers

On Monday 09 January 2006 01:16, Sven Neumann wrote:

Eric Grivel writes:

- Is development going on that I could participate in?

Development happens in irregular intervals whenever someone finds the time and motivation for it. Last summer an effort was made to clean up the source code and to identify missing pieces. Pippin has since then developed babl, a library for color conversion that is waiting to be used from gegl. The most important missing piece at the moment is the code to actually store the image data. As soon as we have that, gegl would for the first time become actually useful and we can consider to start using it from GIMP.

OK, so what do Eric, Florent, myself and others here lurking who are interested in putting a rocket under GEGL need to do to get this show back on the road on a more permanent and ongoing basis?

How hard is the storage code to write? Would it make sense to co-opt an existing storage management system from elsewhere? What can _I_ do? I code but am not a graphics guru of any sort.

Cheers; Leon