RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

menu View

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

menu View Marega Marco 18 Oct 21:02
Marega Marco
2005-10-18 21:02:14 UTC (over 18 years ago)

menu View

Hi, my name is Marco Marega, and I'm trying to help with his work the official italian translator Marco Ciampa.

I've noticed that in the View menu there is a submenu Zoom which contains the items Fit Image in Window and Fit Image to Window. I think that these two items are logicaly more closer to the items Shrink Warp and Fullscreen, which are outside this submenu, than to the other items in the zoom menu.
I think that it should be better to group them.

Still talking about Fit Image in Window and Fit Image to Window, I can tell that reading the menu I can't really figure out what's the difference between them.
By using them I know that both of them make the image fit to the window, but the calculation that the 1st one makes uses as base to the longest side of the image and the 2nd one uses the shortest side.

I guess that it wuold be a good thing to change a little the behaviour of these two functions and call them Fit Width and Fit Height. In this way anything will be lost, and the menus will be clearer. Optionally it should be mantained the 1st of the 2 functions Fit Image in Window.

Please excuse me for the bad english. I hope that my exposition is clear enough.

Thanks and bye.

Marco