RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

R: Error compiling gimp 2.3.3 with mingw on winxp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

R: Error compiling gimp 2.3.3 with mingw on winxp <pmagnoli@systemevolution.it> 15 Sep 14:36
  R: Error compiling gimp 2.3.3 with mingw on winxp michael chang 15 Sep 21:53
<pmagnoli@systemevolution.it>
2005-09-15 14:36:02 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hi, thanks for your help, I commented out the #include_next thing in d:/mingw/include/unistd.h (don't know if it is the right way ...) and it compiled fine with:
./configure --disable-print --disable-python --prefix=/d/gimp233

Now, do you know how to make it print in windows? Also is python scripting supported on windows? Best regards

paolo

There must be something broken in your mingw installation. I have never seen that message myself, but some googling leads me to believe it is related to the #include_next directive? Does your unistd.h (the file >d:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/unistd.h, i.e. d:/mingw/include/unistd.h) on line 13 have an #include_next directive? (That's funny, as I too have gcc 3.4.2, but my unistd.h does not contain any #include_next.)

If you can't find any other solution, my suggestion is removing all of mingw and re-install...

--tml

michael chang
2005-09-15 21:53:14 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On 9/15/05, pmagnoli@systemevolution.it wrote:

Hi, thanks for your help, I commented out the #include_next thing in d:/mingw/include/unistd.h (don't know if it is the right way ...) and it compiled fine with:
./configure --disable-print --disable-python --prefix=/d/gimp233

Now, do you know how to make it print in windows?

You have to be able to compile the files that are compiled when ./configure is run with --enable-print. I believe Gutenprint may help; but I'm not sure (not even close).

Also is python scripting supported on windows?

AFAIK, It's doable, although it will be easier (afaik, meaning that it might be in the binaries) in the final 2.4 release -- try checking the archives (a success with gimp 2.3.3 + win + python is there somewhere).