RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Generally useful gimp widgets

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Generally useful gimp widgets Nathan Summers 23 Aug 22:46
Nathan Summers
2005-08-23 22:46:47 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Generally useful gimp widgets

As discussed previously on #gimp, the GTK maintainers are currently looking for externally-maintained widgets that would be better if included in the main gtk distribution. I'm willing to propose to them that they include certain GIMP widgets, but I'd like to send a list of widgets to them in one go, instead of piecemeal.

The IRC discussion was pretty scattered; there were a lot of different suggestions, and some dialog about them, but mostly handwaving. I should point out that suggesting that a widget be integrated into GTK doesn't necessarily imply that they can immediately copy the file into the GTK directory and it will work perfectly. Even if it takes some major surgery, if the widget is generally useful, it's worth having in GTK, and there is certainly precedent for major changes being made to a widget when it is integrated into GTK.

The least controversial suggestion was the GimpPropWidgets. They will definately go on the list. There was some talk about the gimp enum code being integrated into gtk and glib, including widgets that deal with physical measurements and units, and a few other suggestions I can't remember at this moment.

I'd like to collect a list of which Gimp widgets would be good to include, along with why they would be useful in other programs and what work it would take for them to be includable in GTK. I'll compile the suggestions I receive and send them to the appropriate list.

Rockwalrus