RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp swap file

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp swap file Andrei Simion 20 Jul 04:05
  gimp swap file bruno 20 Jul 09:29
   gimp swap file bruno 20 Jul 12:18
  gimp swap file Sven Neumann 20 Jul 13:17
   gimp swap file Andrei Simion 20 Jul 16:16
    gimp swap file Sven Neumann 20 Jul 17:18
     gimp swap file Andrei Simion 21 Jul 03:20
      gimp swap file Manish Singh 21 Jul 03:40
Andrei Simion
2005-07-20 04:05:51 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp swap file

Hi,

Some time ago I reported a problem on the gimp server: more images I create, the gimp ends up creating a swap file and this file increases rapidly.

I was advised to install Gimp 2.x and I installed the 2.2 version. The problem is the same, the swap file is still created and it still increases in size. It means the Gimp server doesn't free the memory it uses when creating an image.

Should I call a special method in the script that makes the image?

Regards, Andrei

bruno
2005-07-20 09:29:05 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp swap file

Hi,
I'm interest too

bruno a new french developer who try to use sheme.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:05:51 -0400 Andrei Simion wrote:

Hi,

Some time ago I reported a problem on the gimp server: more images I create, the gimp ends up creating a swap file and this file increases rapidly.

I was advised to install Gimp 2.x and I installed the 2.2 version. The problem is the same, the swap file is still created and it still increases in size. It means the Gimp server doesn't free the memory it uses when creating an image.

Regards, Andrei

bruno
2005-07-20 12:18:44 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp swap file

Sorry,
sheme == scheme
bruno

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:29:05 +0200 bruno wrote:

Hi,
I'm interest too

bruno a new french developer who try to use sheme.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:05:51 -0400 Andrei Simion wrote:

Hi,

Regards, Andrei

Sven Neumann
2005-07-20 13:17:09 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp swap file

Hi,

Andrei Simion writes:

You are deleting the images, aren't you?

Andrei, there is really nothing we can do with the vague description of your problem. I have asked you before to provide a documented test case. Unless you do that, you shouldn't expect any further help. Please stop wasting our time.

Sven

Andrei Simion
2005-07-20 16:16:25 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp swap file

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Andrei Simion writes:

No, in all tutorials I read they return the image to be saved at the end of the main method in the script.

I tried to save the image from the script, not return it. It didn't work.

Andrei, there is really nothing we can do with the vague description of your problem. I have asked you before to provide a documented test case. Unless you do that, you shouldn't expect any further help. Please stop wasting our time.

The script is very large, this is why I didn't send it to you. But, here it is:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Gimp ":auto"; use Gimp::Fu;

sub logov1 {
my($text, $font, $fontcolor, $outlinesize, $outlinecolor, $shadowoffset, $shadowblur, $embossamount, $glowamount, $bevelamount, $texture, $alignment, $bgfile, $logowidth, $logoheight,$usebgdim,$textoffset,$vertoffset,$glowopacity, $textureopacity,$buttontexture,$buttoncolor,$buttonstyle, $backimage, $divider_above_size) = @_;

# comment by Andrei 03/27/2005 # log the $gimpcall into a file open(LOG1, ">>/home/gimp/gimp/logs/gimp_steve_pm.log"); print LOG1 $bgfile."\n";
close(LOG1);

if ($bgfile ne "none") { $img = gimp_file_load($bgfile,$bgfile); } else {

print "creating background with $buttontexture,$buttonstyle\n"; $backgroundcolor = "#FFFFFF";
if ($backimage ne "") {
$backgroundcolorimage = gimp_file_load($backimage,$backimage);
# $backgroundcolor =
gimp_color_picker($backgroundcolorimage,$drawable,1,1,1,0,0,1); } else {
$backgroundcolor = "#FFFFFF";
}

gimp_palette_set_background($backgroundcolor);

$img = gimp_image_new($logowidth,$logoheight,RGB); $layer = gimp_layer_new($img,$logowidth,$logoheight,0,"Background",100,0); gimp_image_add_layer($img,$layer,0); gimp_layer_add_alpha($layer);
gimp_selection_all($img);
gimp_drawable_fill($layer,BG_IMAGE_FILL);

$buttonlayer = gimp_layer_new($img,$logowidth,$logoheight,0,"Button layer",100,0);
gimp_image_add_layer($img,$buttonlayer,0); gimp_layer_add_alpha($buttonlayer); gimp_drawable_fill($buttonlayer,TRANS_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_none($img);

if ($buttonstyle =~ /round/i) { # select elipse and rectangle added together for rounded button
gimp_ellipse_select($img,$logowidth-$logoheight,0,$logoheight,$logoheight,0,1,0,0);
gimp_rect_select($img,0,0,$logowidth - $logoheight/2,$logoheight,0,0,0);

print "selecting ellipse x = "; print $logowidth-$logoheight . "\n";

} else {
gimp_selection_all($img);
}

if ($buttonstyle =~ /outline/ ) {
gimp_palette_set_foreground("#000000"); gimp_bucket_fill($buttonlayer,FG_IMAGE_FILL,0,100,0,0,0,0); gimp_selection_shrink($img,2);
}

gimp_palette_set_foreground($buttoncolor); gimp_bucket_fill($buttonlayer,FG_BUCKET_FILL,0,100,0,0,0,0);
#put on button texture if requested
if ($buttontexture ne "none") {
$success = 0;
@pattern_list = gimp_patterns_list(); foreach $pattern (@pattern_list) { if ($pattern eq $buttontexture) { $success = 1; print "\n\nsuccess [$buttontexure]\n\n"; break; }

}

if ($success) {
gimp_patterns_set_pattern($buttontexture); gimp_bucket_fill($buttonlayer,PATTERN_BUCKET_FILL,0,100,0,0,0,0); plug_in_colorify($img,$buttonlayer,$buttoncolor);

}
}
if (0) {

$success = 0;
@pattern_list = gimp_patterns_list(); foreach $pattern (@pattern_list) { if ($pattern eq $buttontexture) { $success = 1; print "\n\nsuccess $buttontexure\n\n"; break; }

}

if ($success) {

$textureimg = gimp_image_new($logowidth,$logoheight,GRAY);

$texturelayer = gimp_layer_new($textureimg,$logowidth,$logoheight,GRAY_IMAGE,"Texture layer",$textureopacity,0);
$texturelayer2 =
gimp_layer_new($img,$logowidth,$logoheight,RGB_IMAGE,"Texture layer",$textureopacity,0);

gimp_drawable_fill($texturelayer,TRANS_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_drawable_fill($texturelayer2,TRANS_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_layer_add_alpha($texturelayer); gimp_layer_add_alpha($texturelayer2);

gimp_patterns_set_pattern($buttontexture); gimp_bucket_fill($texturelayer,2,0,$textureopacity,255,0,0,0); gimp_image_add_layer($textureimg,$texturelayer,0);
gimp_convert_rgb($textureimg);

gimp_selection_all($textureimg);
gimp_edit_copy($texturelayer);

$texturelayer2 = gimp_edit_paste($texturelayer2,0); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($buttonlayer); gimp_selection_invert($img);
gimp_edit_cut($texturelayer2);
gimp_selection_none($img);

gimp_layer_set_opacity($texturelayer2,$textureopacity);
# gimp_image_add_layer($img,$texturelayer2,0);

$buttonlayer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$texturelayer2,2); }

} # end if buttontexture

# put on bevel if in style

#apply bevel if ($buttonstyle =~ /bevel/i) {

$opacity = 75; $blur_radius = 3;
$depth = 3;
$pi = atan2(1,1) * 4;

$angle = 30 + 180; $radians = ($pi/180) * $angle;
$x_offset = $depth * sin $radians; $y_offset = $depth * cos $radians; $color = "#000000";

#print "\nradians=$radians x=$x_offset y=$y_offset pi=$pi\n";

$target = gimp_layer_copy($buttonlayer,1); $effect = gimp_layer_new($img,$logowidth,$logoheight,RGBA_IMAGE, "shadow layer",$opacity,NORMAL_MODE); gimp_layer_add_alpha($effect);

$effect_mask = gimp_layer_create_mask($effect,WHITE_MASK); gimp_image_add_layer($img,$effect,-1); gimp_image_add_layer_mask($img,$effect,$effect_mask);
gimp_palette_set_background($color); gimp_drawable_fill($effect,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($target); # gimp_selection_all($img);

gimp_drawable_fill($effect_mask,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_none($img);

gimp_palette_set_background("#FFFFFF");
gimp_channel_ops_offset($effect_mask,0,OFFSET_BACKGROUND,$x_offset,$y_offset); plug_in_gauss_iir2($img,$effect_mask,$blur_radius,$blur_radius); gimp_image_remove_layer_mask($img,$effect,APPLY);
$effect_mask2 = gimp_layer_create_mask($effect,BLACK_MASK); gimp_image_add_layer_mask($img,$effect,$effect_mask2); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($target); # gimp_selection_all($img);

gimp_edit_fill($effect_mask2,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_none($img);

$buttonlayer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$effect,1);

$angle = 120; $radians = ($pi/180) * $angle;
$x_offset = $depth * sin $radians; $y_offset = $depth * cos $radians; $color = "#FFFFFF";

$light_effect = gimp_layer_new($img,$logowidth,$logoheight,RGBA_IMAGE, "light layer",$opacity,NORMAL_MODE); gimp_layer_add_alpha($light_effect);

$effect_mask = gimp_layer_create_mask($light_effect,WHITE_MASK); gimp_image_add_layer($img,$light_effect,-1); gimp_image_add_layer_mask($img,$light_effect,$effect_mask);
gimp_palette_set_background($color); gimp_drawable_fill($light_effect,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($target); # gimp_selection_all($img);

gimp_palette_set_background("#000000"); gimp_edit_fill($effect_mask,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_none($img);

gimp_palette_set_background("#FFFFFF");
gimp_channel_ops_offset($effect_mask,0,OFFSET_BACKGROUND,$x_offset,$y_offset); plug_in_gauss_iir2($img,$effect_mask,$blur_radius,$blur_radius); gimp_image_remove_layer_mask($img,$light_effect,APPLY);
$effect_mask2 = gimp_layer_create_mask($light_effect,BLACK_MASK); gimp_image_add_layer_mask($img,$light_effect,$effect_mask2); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($target); # gimp_selection_all($img);

gimp_edit_fill($effect_mask2,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_none($img);

$buttonlayer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$light_effect,1);

} # end apply bevel

# gimp_layer_set_preserve_trans($layer,1); # gimp_layer_set_preserve_trans($buttonlayer,1);

# gimp_layer_set_visible($layer,1); # gimp_layer_set_visible($buttonlayer,1);

$background = gimp_image_merge_visible_layers($img,1);

#return $img;

} # end else not exist bgfile

if ($usebgdim) { $logoheight = gimp_image_height($img); $logowidth = gimp_image_width($img); }

if (! gimp_drawable_is_rgb(gimp_image_active_drawable($img)) ) { gimp_convert_rgb($img);
}

# $background = gimp_image_flatten($img);

gimp_palette_set_foreground($fontcolor);

# Create the text layer. Using -1 as the drawable creates a new layer.

my $text_layer = gimp_layer_new($img,$logowidth,$logoheight,0,"text_layer",0,0); gimp_layer_add_alpha($text_layer);

eval { $text_layer = gimp_text_fontname($img, -1, 0, 0, $text, 0, 1,
xlfd_size($font), $font);
};

if ($@) {

$font = "-*-utopia-bold-r-*-*-30-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"; $text_layer = gimp_text_fontname($img, -1, 0, 0, $text, 0, 1,
}

# figure out where to position text $texty = ($logoheight/2 - $text_layer->height/2 ) + $vertoffset; if ($alignment =~ /center/i) {
$textx = ($logowidth/2 - $text_layer->width/2) + $textoffset; } elsif ($alignment =~ /right/i) { $textx = ($logowidth - $text_layer->width-5) - $textoffset; } else {
$textx = 5 + $textoffset;
}

# pull out text layer we were checking size and fonts on.

gimp_image_remove_layer($img,$text_layer);

# create text layer now that we know all the parameters

$text_layer = gimp_text_fontname($img, -1, $textx, $texty, $text, -1, 1,

gimp_layer_add_alpha($text_layer);

gimp_layer_resize($text_layer,$logowidth,$logoheight,$textx,$texty);

#apply texture $success = 0;
if ($texture ne "none") {
@pattern_list = gimp_patterns_list(); foreach $pattern (@pattern_list) {

print "[$pattern]\t"; if ($pattern eq $texture) { $success = 1; print "success $texure\n"; break; }
}
}

print "\nTexture = [$texture], Success = $success\n";

if ($success) {

gimp_patterns_set_pattern($texture); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($text_layer); gimp_bucket_fill($text_layer,PATTERN_BUCKET_FILL,0,100,0,0,0,0); plug_in_colorify($img,$text_layer,$fontcolor); }

if (0) {

$textureimg = gimp_image_new($logowidth,$logoheight,GRAY);

$texturelayer = gimp_layer_new($textureimg,$logowidth,$logoheight,GRAY_IMAGE,"Texture layer",$textureopacity,0);
$texturelayer2 =
gimp_layer_new($img,$logowidth,$logoheight,RGB_IMAGE,"Texture layer",$textureopacity,0);
gimp_layer_add_alpha($texturelayer); gimp_layer_add_alpha($texturelayer2);

gimp_drawable_fill($texturelayer,TRANS_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_drawable_fill($texturelayer2,TRANS_IMAGE_FILL);

gimp_patterns_set_pattern($texture); gimp_bucket_fill($texturelayer,2,0,$textureopacity,255,0,0,0); gimp_image_add_layer($textureimg,$texturelayer,0);
gimp_convert_rgb($textureimg);

gimp_selection_all($textureimg); gimp_edit_copy($texturelayer);

$texturelayer2 = gimp_edit_paste($texturelayer2,0); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($text_layer); gimp_selection_invert($img);
gimp_edit_cut($texturelayer2);

gimp_layer_set_opacity($texturelayer2,$textureopacity);

# gimp_image_add_layer($img,$texturelayer2,0);

$text_layer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$texturelayer2,2);

# $opacity = 80; # gimp_selection_layer_alpha($text_layer); # gimp_patterns_set_pattern($texture); # gimp_bucket_fill($text_layer,2,0,$opacity,255,0,0,0); }

#apply bevel
if ($bevelamount > 0) {

$opacity = 75; $blur_radius = $bevelamount;
$depth = $bevelamount;
$pi = atan2(1,1) * 4;

$angle = 30 + 180; $radians = ($pi/180) * $angle;
$x_offset = $depth * sin $radians;
$y_offset = $depth * cos $radians;
$color = "#000000";

$target = gimp_layer_copy($text_layer,1); $effect = gimp_layer_new($img,$logowidth,$logoheight,RGBA_IMAGE, "shadow layer",$opacity,NORMAL_MODE); gimp_layer_add_alpha($effect);

$effect_mask = gimp_layer_create_mask($effect,WHITE_MASK); gimp_image_add_layer($img,$effect,-1); gimp_image_add_layer_mask($img,$effect,$effect_mask);

gimp_palette_set_background($color); gimp_drawable_fill($effect,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($target); gimp_edit_fill($effect_mask,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_none($img);

gimp_palette_set_background("#FFFFFF"); gimp_channel_ops_offset($effect_mask,0,OFFSET_BACKGROUND,$x_offset,$y_offset); plug_in_gauss_iir2($img,$effect_mask,$blur_radius,$blur_radius); gimp_image_remove_layer_mask($img,$effect,APPLY);

$effect_mask2 = gimp_layer_create_mask($effect,BLACK_MASK); gimp_image_add_layer_mask($img,$effect,$effect_mask2); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($target); gimp_edit_fill($effect_mask2,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_none($img);

$text_layer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$effect,1);

$angle = 120; $radians = ($pi/180) * $angle;
$x_offset = $depth * sin $radians;
$y_offset = $depth * cos $radians;
$color = "#FFFFFF";

$light_effect = gimp_layer_new($img,$logowidth,$logoheight,RGBA_IMAGE, "light layer",$opacity,NORMAL_MODE); gimp_layer_add_alpha($light_effect);

$effect_mask = gimp_layer_create_mask($light_effect,WHITE_MASK); gimp_image_add_layer($img,$light_effect,-1); gimp_image_add_layer_mask($img,$light_effect,$effect_mask);

gimp_palette_set_background($color); gimp_drawable_fill($light_effect,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($target); gimp_palette_set_background("#000000"); gimp_edit_fill($effect_mask,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_none($img);

gimp_palette_set_background("#FFFFFF"); gimp_channel_ops_offset($effect_mask,0,OFFSET_BACKGROUND,$x_offset,$y_offset); plug_in_gauss_iir2($img,$effect_mask,$blur_radius,$blur_radius); gimp_image_remove_layer_mask($img,$light_effect,APPLY);

$effect_mask2 = gimp_layer_create_mask($light_effect,BLACK_MASK); gimp_image_add_layer_mask($img,$light_effect,$effect_mask2); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($target); gimp_edit_fill($effect_mask2,BG_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_selection_none($img);

$text_layer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$light_effect,1);

} # end apply bevel

# put on outline if ($outlinesize > 0) {

$outline = gimp_layer_copy($text_layer,0); gimp_image_add_layer($img,$outline,0);

gimp_selection_layer_alpha($outline); # gimp_layer_resize($outline,$logowidth,$logoheight,0,0);

gimp_selection_grow($img,$outlinesize);

gimp_palette_set_foreground($outlinecolor);

gimp_bucket_fill($outline,0,0,100,0,0,0,0);

gimp_image_lower_layer($img,$outline); $text_layer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$text_layer,1);

} # end put on outline

#apply emboss if ($embossamount > 0) {

$emboss_blur_amount = $embossamount*3;

$emboss_w = gimp_layer_copy($text_layer,0); gimp_image_add_layer($img,$emboss_w,0); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($emboss_w); gimp_palette_set_foreground("#000000"); gimp_bucket_fill($emboss_w,0,0,100,0,0,0,0); gimp_layer_set_offsets($emboss_w,(-1 * $embossamount),(-1 * $embossamount));
gimp_layer_set_opacity($emboss_w,65);

gimp_selection_grow($img,$embossamount*3); # gimp_selection_all($img);
plug_in_gauss_rle($img,$emboss_w,$emboss_blur_amount,1,1);

$emboss_b = gimp_layer_copy($text_layer,0); gimp_image_lower_layer($img,$emboss_w); $text_layer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$text_layer,1);

gimp_image_add_layer($img,$emboss_b,0); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($emboss_b); gimp_palette_set_foreground("#FFFFFF"); gimp_bucket_fill($emboss_b,0,0,100,0,0,0,0); gimp_layer_set_offsets($emboss_b,$embossamount-1,$embossamount-1); # gimp_layer_set_offsets($emboss_b,3,3);

gimp_selection_grow($img,$embossamount); # gimp_selection_all($img);
plug_in_gauss_rle($img,$emboss_b,$embossamount,1,1);

gimp_image_lower_layer($img,$emboss_b); $text_layer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$text_layer,1); } # end if embossamount > 0

#put on glow

if ($glowamount > 0) {

my $glow_color = "#FFEE44"; my $glow = gimp_layer_copy($text_layer,0); gimp_image_add_layer($img,$glow,0); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($glow);
# gimp_layer_resize($glow,$logowidth,$logoheight,0,0); gimp_selection_grow($img,$glowamount); gimp_selection_feather($img,$glowamount*1.5); gimp_palette_set_foreground($glow_color); gimp_bucket_fill($glow,0,0,$glowopacity,0,0,0,0);

gimp_image_lower_layer($img,$glow); $text_layer = gimp_image_merge_down($img,$text_layer,1);

} # end put on glow

#put on dropshadow if ($shadowblur > 0 || $shadowoffset > 0) {

gimp_palette_set_foreground("#000000");
$shadow_background = gimp_layer_copy($text_layer,0); gimp_image_add_layer($img,$shadow_background,0); gimp_selection_layer_alpha($shadow_background);
gimp_bucket_fill($shadow_background,0,0,100,0,0,0,0);
gimp_layer_set_offsets($shadow_background,$shadowoffset,$shadowoffset);
# gimp_layer_resize($shadow_background,$logowidth,$logoheight,0,0);

plug_in_gauss_rle($img,$shadow_background,$shadowblur,1,1);

gimp_layer_set_opacity($shadow_background,100);

gimp_image_lower_layer($img,$shadow_background);

}

# hack to get around not keeping transparent when doing round buttons - but kills the text effects :( #if ($bgfile eq "none" && $buttonstyle =~ /round/) {

#print "\n Applying transparency hack\n";

# gimp_convert_indexed($img,0,MAKE_PALETTE,256,0,0,""); # $background = gimp_image_merge_visible_layers($img,1); #}

if ($divider_above_size > 0){ # deal with the divider above
# define the background colors
$backgroundcolor = "#000000"; # black $foregroundcolor = "#FF0000"; # red gimp_palette_set_background($backgroundcolor); gimp_palette_set_foreground($foregroundcolor);

$divider_layer = gimp_layer_new($img, 725, 80, RGB, "Dividers Layer", 0, NORMAL_MODE);
gimp_layer_add_alpha($divider_layer);

# gimp_drawable_fill($divider_layer,WHITE_IMAGE_FILL); gimp_rect_select ($img, 0, 0, 725, 25, 1, 0, 0); gimp_bucket_fill($divider_layer,BG_BUCKET_FILL,0,100,100,0,0,0); gimp_image_add_layer($img, $divider_layer, 0); gimp_image_raise_layer($img, $divider_layer); }

# Andrei, 07Apr2005 # gimp_layer_delete($layer);
# gimp_image_delete($img);

# create a display associated to the image # my $dspl = gimp_display_new($img); # gimp_display_delete($dspl);

# my ($num_layers, $layer_ids) = gimp_image_get_layers($img);

# get the drawable of the current image # my $drwbl = &gimp_image_active_drawable($img);

# log the $gimpcall into a file open(LOG1, ">>/home/gimp/gimp/logs/gimp_steve_pm.log"); # print LOG1 qq{active drawable: }.$drwbl.qq{\n}; print LOG1 $divider_above_size.qq{\n}; close(LOG1);

# try to save the file # &file_gif_save(0, $img, $drwbl, "/home/gimp/www/graphics/LOGO1.gif", "/home/gimp/www/graphics/LOGO2.gif");

# gimp_file_save(1, $img, $drwbl, "/home/gimp/www/graphics/LOGO1.gif", "/home/gimp/www/graphics/LOGO2.gif"); # file_save Image ($drwbl, "/home/gimp/www/graphics/LOGO1.gif", "/home/gimp/www/graphics/LOGO2.gif");

return $img; }

# register the script

register "logov1", "logo", "logo", "Andrei Simion", "Andrei Simion", "1999-06-09",
"/Xtns/Perl-Fu/Web/Logo",
"*",
[
[PF_STRING, "text", "text", "test"], [PF_FONT, "font", "font", "-*-utopia-bold-r-*-*-70-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"], [PF_COLOR, "fontcolor","Font Color", [255,200,0]], [PF_INT, "outlinesize", "Outline Size", "3"], [PF_COLOR, "outlinecolor", "Outline Color", [0,0,0]], [PF_INT, "shadowoffset", "Drop Shadow Offset", "0"], [PF_INT, "shadowblur", "Drop Shadow Blur","0"], [PF_INT, "embossamount", "Emboss Amount", "0"], [PF_INT, "glowamount", "Glow Amount", "0"], [PF_INT, "bevelamount", "Bevel Amount", "0"], [PF_STRING, "texture", "Texture", "none"], [PF_STRING, "alignment","Alignment", "left"], [PF_STRING, "bgfile", "Background file", "none"], [PF_INT, "width", "Width", "725"], [PF_INT, "height", "Height", "80"], [PF_INT, "usebgdim", "Use BG Image Dimensions", "0"], [PF_INT, "textoffset", "Offset for text to start", "0"], [PF_INT, "vertoffset", "Vertical offset for text to start", "0"], [PF_INT, "glowopacity", "Opacity of glow effect", "75"], [PF_INT, "textureopacity", "Opacity of texture", "50"], [PF_STRING, "buttontexture", "button texture", "none"], [PF_COLOR, "buttoncolor", "button color", [255,0,0]], [PF_STRING, "buttonstyle", "button style", "roundoutline"], [PF_STRING, "backimage","Background color file",""], [PF_INT, "dividerabovesize", "Above divider size", "0"] ],
\&logov1;

# Handle over control to gimp #exit main();
main();

1;

Regards,
Andrei

Sven

Sven Neumann
2005-07-20 17:18:56 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp swap file

Hi,

Andrei Simion writes:

No, in all tutorials I read they return the image to be saved at the end of the main method in the script.

So you are creating images and you never delete them. And it surprises you that you are using up the available memory??

Sven

Andrei Simion
2005-07-21 03:20:29 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp swap file

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Andrei Simion writes:

So you are creating images and you never delete them. And it surprises you that you are using up the available memory??

The situation is like this: I return the image at the end of the script. I tried to save the image, you can see this from the example I sent, but that method call doesn't work, I got an error. Could you please let me know what is wrong with the &gimp_file_save call (it is currently commented out)?

If I return the image, I cannot delete it prior to returning and this is why I try to save it from inside the script.

Please have a look in the code I sent you and let me know what is wrong.

Regards, Andrei

Sven

Manish Singh
2005-07-21 03:40:55 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp swap file

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 09:20:29PM -0400, Andrei Simion wrote:

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Andrei Simion writes:

The situation is like this: I return the image at the end of the script. I tried to save the image, you can see this from the example I sent, but that method call doesn't work, I got an error. Could you please let me know what is wrong with the &gimp_file_save call (it is currently commented out)?

If I return the image, I cannot delete it prior to returning and this is why I try to save it from inside the script.

Please have a look in the code I sent you and let me know what is wrong.

You have to convert the image to indexed mode before saving it as gif.

Next time, send the script as an attachment instead of inline, so the mailer doesn't mangle it.

-Yosh