RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GEGL alive?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GEGL alive? Jan Prach 01 Jul 23:38
  GEGL alive? Nathan Summers 02 Jul 09:38
Jan Prach
2005-07-01 23:38:31 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GEGL alive?

Hi Gimps,
Is GEGL alive or not?
I like gimp. I feel very limited by 8 bit color depth in gimp for a quite some time. I'm going to start my diploma thesis. It'll be about HDR (high dynamic range) images. If the idea of GEGL is alive I'd like very much to contribute.
I've read that you have realized 8bits are not enough for the future during the GUADEC. Than I saw some activity in GEGL cvs. I've also read something about gggl. I'd like to see those ideas working in gimp. The question is: Are you going to move gimp forward with GEGL or just dispute KDEification?

Cheers,
Jan

BTW: I'm going to read through pippin's page.

Nathan Summers
2005-07-02 09:38:04 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GEGL alive?

On 7/1/05, Jan Prach wrote:

Hi Gimps,
Is GEGL alive or not?

GeGL is alive, and unlike say, six months ago, is not even in a coma. :)

I like gimp. I feel very limited by 8 bit color depth in gimp for a quite some time. I'm going to start my diploma thesis. It'll be about HDR (high dynamic range) images. If the idea of GEGL is alive I'd like very much to contribute.

Excellent!

I've read that you have realized 8bits are not enough for the future during the GUADEC. Than I saw some activity in GEGL cvs. I've also read something about gggl. I'd like to see those ideas working in gimp.

GIMP is currently understaffed and has been for a while. But we definately are still committed to getting gegl to be more than a pipe dream. Actually, a directed acyclic graph dream.

The question is: Are you going to move gimp forward with GEGL or just dispute KDEification?

Well, try not to put it as a mutually exclusive choice. Flamewars are so much fun, you know. :)

Rockwalrus