RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

11 of 11 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 23 Jun 22:09
  About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Michael Schumacher 23 Jun 22:22
   About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Sven Neumann 24 Jun 02:43
   About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Nathan Summers 24 Jun 02:48
    About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Sven Neumann 24 Jun 21:49
     About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Nathan Summers 25 Jun 14:26
      About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Sven Neumann 26 Jun 12:47
   About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 24 Jun 03:03
    About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Nathan Summers 24 Jun 03:33
About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Michael Schumacher 24 Jun 09:55
  About Preferences enrtry in the Edit menu Sven Neumann 24 Jun 21:50
Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-06-23 22:09:24 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

It just feels great.

I t always took me sometime when pointing someone to Preferences to go to "->FIles->Preferences" and not "->File..."

Thanx Sven!

Michael Schumacher
2005-06-23 22:22:23 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

It just feels great.

I t always took me sometime when pointing someone to Preferences to go to "->FIles->Preferences" and not "->File..."

Well, unfortunately this seems to lead back to the "Why the heck do I have to open an image to access $feature?" times... and I thought these were finally gone.

Michael

Sven Neumann
2005-06-24 02:43:00 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Michael Schumacher writes:

Well, unfortunately this seems to lead back to the "Why the heck do I have to open an image to access $feature?" times... and I thought these were finally gone.

It is still available from the Toolbox, don't worry.

Sven

Nathan Summers
2005-06-24 02:48:19 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On 6/23/05, Michael Schumacher wrote:

It just feels great.

No, just more sophisticated. You still have to create a path in order to import an svg as a path.

Rockwalrus

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-06-24 03:03:43 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Thursday 23 June 2005 17:22, Michael Schumacher wrote:

It just feels great.

Why so? The Preferences entry is still in the ->File menu.

One other possible rearangement would be drop the "dialogs" and "prefences" entries into "Xtns" and rename that to "Extras" once for all.

Michael

Nathan Summers
2005-06-24 03:33:43 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On 6/23/05, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

One other possible rearangement would be drop the "dialogs" and "prefences" entries into "Xtns" and rename that to "Extras" once for all.

Extras: If you can't find it in any other menu, it's probably here!

Rockwalrus

Michael Schumacher
2005-06-24 09:55:21 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Von: "Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris"

Yes, it is. But will it be in a few months...?

Michael

Sven Neumann
2005-06-24 21:49:41 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Nathan Summers writes:

No, just more sophisticated. You still have to create a path in order to import an svg as a path.

No, you don't have and you never had to. There's a Paths menu that allows you to import an SVG even if no other path exists yet.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2005-06-24 21:50:21 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

"Michael Schumacher" writes:

Yes, it is. But will it be in a few months...?

Will there still be a menu in the toolbox in a few months? Who knows...

Sven

Nathan Summers
2005-06-25 14:26:01 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On 6/24/05, Sven Neumann wrote:

Nathan Summers writes:

No, you don't have and you never had to. There's a Paths menu that allows you to import an SVG even if no other path exists yet.

I used to have a co-worker that would often say that if a user can't find a feature, it doesn't exist. Even after rummaging through the code with grep for a few minutes, the only menu I can find that allows you to import an SVG is the one that you right-click an existing item in the Paths dialog to get. I'd have to say that since even a casual but directed search through the source code can't find the menu that you're talking about, the discoverablity of the feature is impressively bad.

Rockwalrus

Sven Neumann
2005-06-26 12:47:01 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Nathan Summers writes:

I used to have a co-worker that would often say that if a user can't find a feature, it doesn't exist. Even after rummaging through the code with grep for a few minutes, the only menu I can find that allows you to import an SVG is the one that you right-click an existing item in the Paths dialog to get. I'd have to say that since even a casual but directed search through the source code can't find the menu that you're talking about, the discoverablity of the feature is impressively bad.

All dockable have a menu which can be opened by clicking on the little arrow icon in the upper right corner. The first submenu is always the one the same menu that is also accessible via right-click on an item.

If you can make the empty list show this menu on right-click, please send a patch.

Sven