RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

cons-array with strings?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

cons-array with strings? Kent Loobey 23 Feb 04:23
  cons-array with strings? Kevin Cozens 23 Feb 07:54
   cons-array with strings? Kent Loobey 23 Feb 17:01
Kent Loobey
2005-02-23 04:23:19 UTC (about 19 years ago)

cons-array with strings?

I would like to know how to insert a string into a cons-array using Script-Fu.

Specifically how do I get the following to work?

(let ( (foo (cons-array 1 'string)) )
(aset foo 0 "my string"))
)

Clearly "aset" is not the function to use...

I am not trying to get you to figure out things for me but I have been working on trying to figure this out for about a week, I have tried pages of things and searched everywhere that I can think of and looked at all of the Gimp Script-Fu scripts that I can find. I have even looked through the Tiny-Fu stuff in case that might offer a clue. So any help you can give I will *most* appreciate.

Kevin Cozens
2005-02-23 07:54:28 UTC (about 19 years ago)

cons-array with strings?

Kent Loobey wrote:

(let ( (foo (cons-array 1 'string))
)
)

I am not trying to get you to figure out things for me but I have been working on trying to figure this out for about a week,

If I understand what you are trying to do properly, it works in Tiny-Fu but not in Script-Fu. A quick look at the Script-Fu source seems to indicate there is a bug in the aset routines when it comes to dealing with a string array.

I would suggest you enter this in bugzilla as "aset not working when using string arrays".

Kent Loobey
2005-02-23 17:01:37 UTC (about 19 years ago)

cons-array with strings?

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 10:54 pm, Kevin Cozens wrote:

Kent Loobey wrote:

(let ( (foo (cons-array 1 'string))
)
)

I am not trying to get you to figure out things for me but I have been working on trying to figure this out for about a week,

If I understand what you are trying to do properly, it works in Tiny-Fu but not in Script-Fu. A quick look at the Script-Fu source seems to indicate there is a bug in the aset routines when it comes to dealing with a string array.

I would suggest you enter this in bugzilla as "aset not working when using string arrays".

Thanks Kevin. I'll enter it in bugzilla and I will also try it in Tiny-Fu.

Kent