RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Builds with SRCDIR != OBJDIR broken

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Builds with SRCDIR != OBJDIR broken Daniel Egger 20 Feb 18:28
  Builds with SRCDIR != OBJDIR broken Sven Neumann 20 Feb 19:29
   Builds with SRCDIR != OBJDIR broken Daniel Egger 20 Feb 22:25
Daniel Egger
2005-02-20 18:28:26 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hija,

while building GIMP for the threading test I noticed that builds where the source dir is not the object directory are slightly broken; in particular the intlfoo magic in the tips directory doesn't take the SRCDIR into account and thus failes badly and the following (generated) files are built in OBJDIR but searched for in SRDIR:
libgimpthumb/gimpthumb-enums.c
libgimpwidgets/gimpwidgetsmarshal.c
libgimp/gimpenums.c
app/core/gimpmarshal.h

Anyone here who can fix that with some Makefile-fu?

Servus, Daniel

Sven Neumann
2005-02-20 19:29:55 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

Daniel Egger writes:

while building GIMP for the threading test I noticed that builds where the source dir is not the object directory are slightly broken; in particular the intlfoo magic in the tips directory doesn't take the SRCDIR into account and thus failes badly and the following (generated) files are built in OBJDIR but searched for in SRDIR:
libgimpthumb/gimpthumb-enums.c
libgimpwidgets/gimpwidgetsmarshal.c
libgimp/gimpenums.c
app/core/gimpmarshal.h

make distcheck builds with srcdir != builddir so this should work and is tested quite often. Why do you think those files would be looked for in $(srcdir)?

Sven

Daniel Egger
2005-02-20 22:25:45 UTC (about 19 years ago)

On 20.02.2005, at 19:29, Sven Neumann wrote:

Why do you think those files would be looked for in $(srcdir)?

Because the compiler complained that it couldn't find the files in $(srcdir), so what I did was copying them over one-by-one from the object directory to the source directory when the make process aborted because of it. That only happened for exactly those files mentioned; I copied there names from the history of my shell.

BTW: The menus preprocessing also didn't work because of this, I had to copy over the .in files from $(srcdir) to the build tree in order for the target to build and install. It didn't bail out though, I first noticed this when starting The GIMP.

Servus, Daniel