RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

menu reorganization

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

menu reorganization William Skaggs 13 Feb 22:07
menu reorganization William Skaggs 23 Feb 21:44
William Skaggs
2005-02-13 22:07:51 UTC (about 19 years ago)

menu reorganization

The thing that makes reorganizing the menus difficult is that the range of possibilities is huge, and everybody has at least slightly different ideas about the right things to do. Without some mechanism for arriving at definite decisions in a structured way, any attempt at it is bound to bog down in a fuzz of uncertainties. The only way to get anywhere is to form a small committee of 3-4 interested and cooperative volunteers, and let them work it out. I am asking for volunteers to serve on the Menu Committee -- our task will be to come up with a proposal, submit it to the gimp dev list for comments, make revisions as appropriate, then hand it to Sven, who would try to follow the recommendations but not be bound by them. (He has approved of the idea of forming such a committee.)

The first order of business would be to work out procedures, but my thought is to try to have a few meetings on irc in which decisions are made by working through an agenda of proposals formulated before the meeting. This of course depends on the compatibility of people's schedules. I would hope that, by being systematic, the committee can work efficiently enough so as not to spend a tremendous amount of time on this.

If you are interested in participating in the menu committee, please let me know by personal email.

Best wishes, -- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu

William Skaggs
2005-02-23 21:44:18 UTC (about 19 years ago)

menu reorganization

Hi,

A little while ago I asked if anybody was interested in volunteering to work together on menu reorganization. A couple of people have expressed interest, and that is perhaps a good number to let us actually get something done, but I thought it might be worth asking once more so that nobody who cares about this would be left out through just having missed the request. So if you are interested in working on menus and haven't yet informed me, please let me know.

Thanks,
-- Bill Skaggs

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu