RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

choosing default file open handler with multiple handlers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

choosing default file open handler with multiple handlers Pepster 10 Feb 09:16
  choosing default file open handler with multiple handlers Pepster 26 Feb 03:39
Pepster
2005-02-10 09:16:38 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

When there are several plugins registering handlers for the same file extension, what/who exactly determines who ends up as the default handler?

(I want to be able to force my own preference as to what is the default, without success so far. Tried changing the plugins names, their order in pluginrc - all to no avail)

I tried looking at the code but it's not obvious ...

Thanks, Joseph

Pepster
2005-02-26 03:39:40 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Answering myself, just in case someone in the future needs the answer.

Plugins are sorted alphabetically by "label" (7'th argument to gimp_install_procedure), which is the same as "File Type" (i.e. the name you see when you open the "Select File Type" expander in the open image dialog. So, you can select the default by selecting the appropriate label for each plugin.

-Joseph

Pepster wrote:

Hi,

When there are several plugins registering handlers for the same file extension, what/who exactly determines who ends up as the default handler?

(I want to be able to force my own preference as to what is the default, without success so far. Tried changing the plugins names, their order in pluginrc - all to no avail)

I tried looking at the code but it's not obvious ...

Thanks, Joseph