RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Debugging gimp_text_fontname error with non-ascii

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Debugging gimp_text_fontname error with non-ascii Jared Whiting 10 Jan 21:30
  Debugging gimp_text_fontname error with non-ascii Sven Neumann 10 Jan 22:23
Jared Whiting
2005-01-10 21:30:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I had filed a bug (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=157709) about this for gimp-perl a couple months ago and hadn't heard back, but I'm looking for some advice on how to further debug this issue as it may not even be gimp-perl specific.

When I call the following pdb function with any non-ascii character in my perl script:

my $text_layer = gimp_text_fontname($img,-1,0,0,"test string ö", 0, TRUE, 14, 0, "Arial");

The function simply fails, and returns the following error

"gimp_text_fontname: procedural database execution failed at ..."

With no more useful information. Displaying the stack trace doesn't give me any additional useful information as well. "gimp_text_get_extents_fontname" gives a similar error with a non-ascii character, but another pdb function I found that generates text - "script_fu_newsprint_text" actually seems to succeed as it returns no error. Incidentally, I've experimented with different fonts and characters, and can only comment that these characters were not causing an error with Gimp 1.2. (I've tested this on Gimp 2.0.5, 2.2 for GNU/Linux, Gimp Perl 2.0 and Pango 1.6.) Any advice on what to look at next would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jared

_________

Sven Neumann
2005-01-10 22:23:57 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

"Jared Whiting" writes:

I had filed a bug (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=157709) about this for gimp-perl a couple months ago and hadn't heard back,

Who is responsible for bugs on the gimp-perl module? I don't think it's acceptable that such trivial bug reports get unanswered for such a long time. I have closed the bug report now but I suspect that there are more such unanswered bug reports.

Sven