RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Color Curves

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Color Curves Buck Arue 09 Jan 09:13
  Color Curves Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 10 Jan 02:19
Color Curves emgimp@asheville.com 13 Jan 17:16
Buck Arue
2005-01-09 09:13:12 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Color Curves

I really don't know where to begin. I am an avid Gimp user. I am not a programmer or developer. This is my first attempt at programming, so be gentle.

In addition to image processing, I am also a bit of a videophile. I am interested in porting the "Color Curve" function found in "The Gimp" to "Avisynth" to be used for video.

This is my first attempt at programming, so be gentle. I would like to know where I might find the relevant source code for the "Color Curve" function in "The Gimp"?

Maybe I am biting off more than I can chew, but I would like to attempt it, so any help or advice you could supply would be appreciated.

Thank You, Buck Arue

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-01-10 02:19:03 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Color Curves

Hi there!

Please, feel welcome!

The said news is that GIMP's color curve code is outdated and is begging for being rewritten, for about an year. :-(

The good news, is that as you dive into it, you can also help the code in the GIMP itself.

That said, the code is in app/base/curves.[ch], and tools/gimpcurvestool.[ch]

Regards,

JS ->

On Sunday 09 January 2005 06:13, Buck Arue wrote:

I really don't know where to begin. I am an avid Gimp user. I am not a programmer or developer. This is my first attempt at programming, so be gentle.

In addition to image processing, I am also a bit of a videophile. I am interested in porting the "Color Curve" function found in "The Gimp" to "Avisynth" to be used for video.

This is my first attempt at programming, so be gentle. I would like to know where I might find the relevant source code for the "Color Curve" function in "The Gimp"?

Maybe I am biting off more than I can chew, but I would like to attempt it, so any help or advice you could supply would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Buck Arue

emgimp@asheville.com
2005-01-13 17:16:00 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Color Curves

Hi

I'm on the same project as Buck Arue I know some c++ and avisynth plug-in programming but sourcecode on the level of gimp is more than i can handle

i have finished a first test version of an avisynth plug-in that
should apply a color curve saved from gimp to the video frames
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php? s=&threadid=87791&perpage=20&pagenumber=2 no source, yet (unreadable mess, and to be rewritten soon)

for the R curve i do "spline(R,x,y,...)" R is the pixel's original R value,
x,y,... are the values form the R-line in the file, except for
those which have one or both values as -1 the result is the new R value of the pixel

same for G, B and possibly A

now for my questions:

-is my R, G and B curve handling about right? (tests say: yes)

-what to do with the first line of numbers? from a quick test in gimp it seems to me it should be aplyed
to R, G and B additionally to their seperate curves
is this correct? if yes, which of the 2 curves should be aplyed
first? and should this global curve also be aplied to A?
if no, how should it be aplied?

-i understand that all values must be seen as x,y- pairs
and if both values in a pair are -1 the pair is ignored
but what if only the first value is -1 and the other is positive?
i couldn't make any sense of that and for now ignore them, too
but i assume that is wrong

thx in advance for taking the time to help us E-Male

--------------------------------------------- Get your FREE email account at Asheville.com. http://mail.asheville.com