RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

CVS branch gimp-2-2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

CVS branch gimp-2-2 Sven Neumann 28 Dec 18:25
  CVS branch gimp-2-2 Dave Neary 29 Dec 12:19
Sven Neumann
2004-12-28 18:25:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

CVS branch gimp-2-2

Hi,

official announcement for 2.2.1 release will follow, this is just a quick note to the developers to inform you that 2.2.1 is out. I tagged CVS for the release and created a 'gimp-2-2' branch at this point. This is the branch from which 2.2.x bug-fix releases will be created.

A few remarks about working with two branches:

- Please make sure that bug-fixes go into both branches. If you can't apply the change to both branches, please ask someone else to do it for you and keep the bug-report open until the problem is fixed in both branches.

- New features go into the HEAD branch. We may consider to merge certain smaller things back into the stable branch, but new stuff always first goes into the HEAD branch.

- Translators and doc-writers should for the moment continue to work with gimp-2.2, so if you use CVS, please checkout the gimp-2-2 branch.

To checkout gimp-2-2 into a directory called gimp-2-2, use the following cvs command-line (after setting CVSROOT appropriately):

cvs -z3 co -r gimp-2-2 -d gimp-2-2 gimp

greetings from 21C3, Sven

Dave Neary
2004-12-29 12:19:39 UTC (over 19 years ago)

CVS branch gimp-2-2

Hi,

Sven wrote:

- New features go into the HEAD branch. We may consider to merge certain smaller things back into the stable branch, but new stuff always first goes into the HEAD branch.

I haven't seen a message from Mitch about it yet, but he mentioned to me recently that he wanted to depend on gtk+ 2.6 very rapidly after the release. I don't know what features are in 2.6 that will be used in the GIMP (perhaps mitch is better able to answer that than me), but I'm sure the gtk+ guys got lots of stuff in there which we would be interested in.

I persuaded him that an outright dependency should wait a couple of weeks after branching, to allow people working on outstanding stuff that didn't make it in time for 2.2 (meadata editor, for example?) who might have problems updating the dependency stack to gtk+ 2.6 to get their outstanding stuff committed.

I think that a couple of weeks is reasonable for that, and if the changes that we pull in from gtk+ 2.6 don't use any of the new APIs, perhaps we could reccommend gtk+ 2.6 rather than require it, in the short term.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France