RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

xinerama

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

xinerama Ian Molton 15 Dec 18:08
  xinerama Sven Neumann 15 Dec 20:47
   xinerama Hal V. Engel 15 Dec 21:44
    xinerama Ian Molton 16 Dec 11:42
     xinerama Hal V. Engel 17 Dec 00:25
Ian Molton
2004-12-15 18:08:00 UTC (over 19 years ago)

xinerama

Hi.

I've built gimp 2.2 on my system and since added a second head. I find that if I create a large image and display it on my secondary head (1600x1200) I cannot draw past 1024 pixels horizontally. If I try, the cursor snaps back to the left, leaving a horizontal line if I use a painting tool.

on the primary head (1024x768, to the left of the 1600x1200 head) I can paint as normal, since the screen is only 1024 pixels wide.

This is clearly a bug, even in the non-xinerama case since the highest pixel I should be allowed to reach in that case would be 1023, without scrolling, surely?

Hope this helps. I dont have time to fix this one myself at present, Im sure its a simple fix.

Sven Neumann
2004-12-15 20:47:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

xinerama

Hi,

Ian Molton writes:

I've built gimp 2.2 on my system and since added a second head. I find that if I create a large image and display it on my secondary head (1600x1200) I cannot draw past 1024 pixels horizontally. If I try, the cursor snaps back to the left, leaving a horizontal line if I use a painting tool.

on the primary head (1024x768, to the left of the 1600x1200 head) I can paint as normal, since the screen is only 1024 pixels wide.

This is clearly a bug, even in the non-xinerama case since the highest pixel I should be allowed to reach in that case would be 1023, without scrolling, surely?

Well, it is probably a bug, but certainly not in GIMP but rather in your X server.

Sven

Hal V. Engel
2004-12-15 21:44:43 UTC (over 19 years ago)

xinerama

It could also be a configuration problem with the pointing device. This can be very miss-configured and still seem to be functioning correctly most of the time.

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 11:47, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Ian Molton writes:

I've built gimp 2.2 on my system and since added a second head. I find that if I create a large image and display it on my secondary head (1600x1200) I cannot draw past 1024 pixels horizontally. If I try, the cursor snaps back to the left, leaving a horizontal line

if

I use a painting tool.

This is clearly a bug, even in the non-xinerama case since the

highest

pixel I should be allowed to reach in that case would be 1023,

without

scrolling, surely?

Well, it is probably a bug, but certainly not in GIMP but rather in your X server.

Sven
_______________________________________________ Gimp-developer mailing list
Gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer

Ian Molton
2004-12-16 11:42:21 UTC (over 19 years ago)

xinerama

Hal V. Engel wrote:

It could also be a configuration problem with the pointing device. This can be very miss-configured and still seem to be functioning correctly most of the time.

Could you elaborate please? Im using my mouse for pointing, and the mouse cursor is actually in the rightr place at all times - its the tool that jumps back to 0 on the image if I exceed the 1024 pixel horizontally. (surely thats wrong anyhow and should be the 1023rd pixel, since the leftmost one is the 0th...)

?

Hal V. Engel
2004-12-17 00:25:43 UTC (over 19 years ago)

xinerama

I use Xinerama and my displays have different resolutions like yours. Display 0 is 1600 x 1200 and display 1 is 1024 X 768. When I initially installed this on my machine most of the time the pointing device (Wacom tablet) seemed to work with the default settings but in some cases it would not behave correctly. This was mostly in The GIMP when I was selecting areas to work on in an image. After messing around with the configuration for the tablet in Sax2 the bad behavior went away. Since this was some time ago I do not remember exactly what I changed. Sorry I can't give you more details about what I did. You might also consider updating your xserver software as I noticed that my tablet works better with newer versions.

On Thursday 16 December 2004 02:42, Ian Molton wrote:

Hal V. Engel wrote:

Could you elaborate please? Im using my mouse for pointing, and the mouse cursor is actually in the rightr place at all times - its the

tool

that jumps back to 0 on the image if I exceed the 1024 pixel horizontally. (surely thats wrong anyhow and should be the 1023rd

pixel,

since the leftmost one is the 0th...)

?