RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Statistics on a selection? on an image

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Statistics on a selection? on an image Joseph Heled 09 Dec 05:58
  Statistics on a selection? on an image Carol Spears 09 Dec 06:24
   Statistics on a selection? on an image Joseph Heled 09 Dec 06:51
Joseph Heled
2004-12-09 05:58:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Is there a way to get some statistics on a selection? Say for each RGB channel Average, min max, STD, median? (I want this in some interactive way. i.e. to see the results while I play with the image/layers)

And if not, how would one implement this? A plugin need to be re-activated every time the selection changes. A tool? there can be only one at a time. So you can't keep it open and play with the image or the selection.

Can anyone suggest something?

(And Carol, there is no need to point out it can be done by going over the pixels one by one and a hand calculator ....)

-Joseph

Carol Spears
2004-12-09 06:24:12 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 05:58:51PM +1300, Joseph Heled wrote:

(And Carol, there is no need to point out it can be done by going over the pixels one by one and a hand calculator ....)

i offer you a two step solution and you get worried that i will suggest a thousands of steps solution?

what did i do to you?

carol

Joseph Heled
2004-12-09 06:51:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Carol Spears wrote:

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 05:58:51PM +1300, Joseph Heled wrote:

i offer you a two step solution and you get worried that i will suggest a thousands of steps solution?

what did i do to you?

carol

I felt it was inappropriate to be treated as a newbee, who could not think of the obvious workaround. I posted because I thought there should be a better way. The other response showed that this is a legitimate known issue/request.

-Joseph