RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

script-fu acting weird!

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

script-fu acting weird! Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 27 Nov 03:53
  script-fu acting weird! Kevin Cozens 27 Nov 05:52
   script-fu acting weird! Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 27 Nov 14:43
  script-fu acting weird! Sven Neumann 27 Nov 13:15
  script-fu acting weird! Sven Neumann 27 Nov 14:10
Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-11-27 03:53:47 UTC (over 19 years ago)

script-fu acting weird!

Hi -

Script fu is acting strange in the last days - I'd say it started with this change:

2004-11-22 Michael Natterer * plug-ins/script-fu/script-fu-scripts.c: sort the SFMenu structs by their menu_paths *and* the procedure's menu_labels. Fixes menu item sorting after "Refresh".

So - whenever I will run a script fu from the Image menu, it asks for a manual selection of an image and a drawable - and the default selection may not be the current active layer. My build is a couple days old - so I do not know if this is transient, or if only I am experimenting this.

BTW, it is almost unusable! Copy Visible did not work at all.

Regards, JS
->

Kevin Cozens
2004-11-27 05:52:03 UTC (over 19 years ago)

script-fu acting weird!

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

Script fu is acting strange in the last days - I'd say it started with this change:

2004-11-22 Michael Natterer * plug-ins/script-fu/script-fu-scripts.c: sort the SFMenu

There is definitely a change in behaviour between 2.0.5 and 2.2cvs. Copy Visible runs without a dialog box popping up in 2.0.5 but you get a dialog in 2.2cvs. The change which caused the difference in behaviour was probably done earlier than you indicate and may be in the script-fu-interfaces.c file.

Sven Neumann
2004-11-27 13:15:40 UTC (over 19 years ago)

script-fu acting weird!

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" writes:

2004-11-22 Michael Natterer * plug-ins/script-fu/script-fu-scripts.c: sort the SFMenu structs by their menu_paths *and* the procedure's menu_labels. Fixes menu item sorting after "Refresh".

What makes you think that this change is related? Did you revert it and the problem went away? Otherwise this is just a wild and thus completely unhelpful guess.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-11-27 14:10:03 UTC (over 19 years ago)

script-fu acting weird!

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" writes:

Script fu is acting strange in the last days

The problem is that the hack, that we used to decide whether a script is image based or not, doesn't work any longer. We look at the menu-path and if it starts with we don't add a user interface for the first two parameters assuming that these are image and drawable. After the changes to the menu registration this doesn't work any longer. We will have to find a different hack to accomplish this.

Sven

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-11-27 14:43:07 UTC (over 19 years ago)

script-fu acting weird!

On Saturday 27 November 2004 02:52, Kevin Cozens wrote:

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

2004-11-22 Michael Natterer * plug-ins/script-fu/script-fu-scripts.c: sort the SFMenu

There is definitely a change in behaviour between 2.0.5 and 2.2cvs. Copy Visible runs without a dialog box popping up in 2.0.5 but you get a dialog in 2.2cvs. The change which caused the difference in behaviour was probably done earlier than you indicate and may be in the script-fu-interfaces.c file.

I've just rebuilt ... and the issue is there: all script-fu int he image menu ask for an image and drawable on the dialog box. As the drawable is not the active drawable, I consider this behavior severily b0rken.