RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Proposal for a GIMP metadata viewer/editor (EXIF/IPTC/XMP/...)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Proposal for a GIMP metadata viewer/editor (EXIF/IPTC/XMP/...) Gregor Fajdiga 26 Nov 10:52
Gregor Fajdiga
2004-11-26 10:52:36 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Proposal for a GIMP metadata viewer/editor (EXIF/IPTC/XMP/...)

The relatively new thing is that I based almost everything on the XMP model (Extensible Metadata Platform from Adobe, based on RDF/XML) because XMP supersedes IPTC (used by Photoshop 6 and earlier) and includes EXIF (used by almost all digital cameras and supported by many programs).

I think you are wrong about IPTC. IPTC is well spread standard, and loads of pros are using it for describing their images. Also a lot of news agencies and news paper companys are still using IPTC (and will most probably continue to use IPTC standard).

In my opinion, user should be able to select one of the metadata standards and upon selecting one of the standards, metadata editor should create an image with the metadata standard previously selected by the user.

bye,

Cookie.

And by the way, release the source!!!! I am anxious to try it. :))))))