RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

The GIMP at 21C3

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

The GIMP at 21C3 Sven Neumann 24 Nov 21:54
  The GIMP at 21C3 Laxminarayan Kamath 26 Nov 08:02
   The GIMP at 21C3 Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 26 Nov 11:36
bc9d51041126041570e54ba6@ma... 07 Oct 20:23
  The GIMP at 21C3 Laxminarayan Kamath 26 Nov 13:17
Sven Neumann
2004-11-24 21:54:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

The GIMP at 21C3

Hi,

I would like to let everyone know that we will have a small GIMP gathering at 21C3, the 21st annual Chaos Communication Congress, and you are all invited to join us. So far we haven't planned anything in particular and we definitely don't want to make this a GIMP developer conference. If a number of GIMP people show up, we can have a workshop and we will definitely find time for some GIMP hacking (and perhaps some GEGL hacking as well). If you want to join the GIMP crew at the congress, please send me mail.

Here's some more info about the congress:

21C3: The Usual Suspects 21st Chaos Communication Congress
The European Hacker Conference

Dezember 27/28/29, 2004 bcc - berliner congress center
Alexanderplatz, Berlin-Mitte
http://www.ccc.de/congress/2004/

It's time to round up for the usual date at the end of the year for the 21st annual Chaos Communication Congress. In order to make this event even bigger and noticably better, the 21C3 sports a hack centre that has been clearly improved in terms of size and infrastructure compared to last year, a new Art & Beauty area and many other small, but important details. As in the years before, we estimate to attract about 2,500 visitors from all over the world. We plan to meet the demands of our increased international audience through more talks in English by international speakers.

Under the motto The Usual Suspects we call upon all hackers of the world to give presentations and attend discussions on current technological insights, new aspects in research and the sociopolitical impact of applied modern technology. Three daily conference tracks with around 100 talks and workshops will cater for a broad variety of topics.

Please visit the web-site at http://www.ccc.de/congress/2004/ and if you want to get the latest news on the congress, subsribe to the 21C3 weblog at http://21c3.ccc.de/weblog/2004/.

Sven

Laxminarayan Kamath
2004-11-26 08:02:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

The GIMP at 21C3

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:54:32 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

I would like to let everyone know that we will have a small GIMP gathering at 21C3, the 21st annual Chaos Communication Congress, and you are all invited to join us. So far we haven't planned anything in particular and we definitely don't want to make this a GIMP developer conference. If a number of GIMP people show up, we can have a workshop and we will definitely find time for some GIMP hacking (and perhaps some GEGL hacking as well). If you want to join the GIMP crew at the congress, please send me mail.

Here's some more info about the congress:

21C3: The Usual Suspects 21st Chaos Communication Congress
The European Hacker Conference

Dezember 27/28/29, 2004 bcc - berliner congress center
Alexanderplatz, Berlin-Mitte
http://www.ccc.de/congress/2004/

It's time to round up for the usual date at the end of the year for the 21st annual Chaos Communication Congress. In order to make this event even bigger and noticably better, the 21C3 sports a hack centre that has been clearly improved in terms of size and infrastructure compared to last year, a new Art & Beauty area and many other small, but important details. As in the years before, we estimate to attract about 2,500 visitors from all over the world. We plan to meet the demands of our increased international audience through more talks in English by international speakers.

Under the motto The Usual Suspects we call upon all hackers of the world to give presentations and attend discussions on current technological insights, new aspects in research and the sociopolitical impact of applied modern technology. Three daily conference tracks with around 100 talks and workshops will cater for a broad variety of topics.

Please visit the web-site at http://www.ccc.de/congress/2004/ and if you want to get the latest news on the congress, subsribe to the 21C3 weblog at http://21c3.ccc.de/weblog/2004/.

Sven _______________________________________________ Gimp-developer mailing list
Gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer

Hey, i sent a message previously , it dint come on the list, resending- There is a huge Linux/OSS fest/fair/expo about to happen in Bangalore- The IT capital of India on Decmber 1,2,3 . Wish GIMP was there. if u cant come , please at least try next time . Checkout linux-bangalore.org/2004 for more details

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-11-26 11:36:53 UTC (over 19 years ago)

The GIMP at 21C3

On Friday 26 November 2004 05:02, Laxminarayan Kamath wrote:

Hey, i sent a message previously , it dint come on the list, resending- There is a huge Linux/OSS fest/fair/expo about to happen in Bangalore- The IT capital of India on Decmber 1,2,3 . Wish GIMP was there. if u cant come , please at least try next time . Checkout
linux-bangalore.org/2004 for more details

Huh?
How there "if u cant come"? Do you think The GIMP is Oracle or Novell or something? If you want GIMP people to go, you should at least send formal invitations, and if you want that they'd show up, these invitations better come with the transportation and hosting fees paid.

I understand that you shall be an individual person, and probable can't afford for it alone - but them you could try to get the sponsorship for it with a corporation, and get them to contact the developers.

Regards,
JS
->

Laxminarayan Kamath
2004-11-26 13:17:12 UTC (over 19 years ago)

The GIMP at 21C3

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:36:53 -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

On Friday 26 November 2004 05:02, Laxminarayan Kamath wrote:

Hey, i sent a message previously , it dint come on the list, resending- There is a huge Linux/OSS fest/fair/expo about to happen in Bangalore- The IT capital of India on Decmber 1,2,3 . Wish GIMP was there. if u cant come , please at least try next time . Checkout
linux-bangalore.org/2004 for more details

Huh?
How there "if u cant come"? Do you think The GIMP is Oracle or Novell or something? If you want GIMP people to go, you should at least send formal invitations, and if you want that they'd show up, these invitations better come with the transportation and hosting fees paid.
I understand that you shall be an individual person, and probable can't afford for it alone - but them you could try to get the sponsorship for it with a corporation, and get them to contact the developers.
Regards,
JS
->

OH! sorry, forgive me for informal invitations. It is a completely community driven event. So I had thought I would just popularise it . Remember - This was completely my decision. The official managers are not even of the knowledge of this invitation. Rather , this was not at all an invitation. This was a friend saying "HEY ! There is a Bond movie going on in that theatre and I am going. Just wanted you to know. It is a very good , must see movie" . Thats all.
( Apologizes again,)

Laxminarayan Kamath Ammembal MithraKoota, Bhoja Rao Lane,
Mangalore 575003
(+91) 9845 061385
kamathln@gmail.com
kamathln@rediffmail.com
kamathln@yahoo.com
www.geocities.com/kamathln