RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Hiding more options in Tool options dialogue

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Hiding more options in Tool options dialogue Valerie Van Kerckhove 21 Nov 21:22
  Hiding more options in Tool options dialogue Sven Neumann 21 Nov 23:51
Valerie Van Kerckhove
2004-11-21 21:22:36 UTC (over 19 years ago)

For the same reasons one would like to hide the "pressure sensitivy" options in the Tool options dialogue, I'd like to be able to hide some other options. Mainly, I'd like to be able to hide "Fade out" and "Use color from gradient" options for most of the painting tools, as they take up much more space than "pressure sensitivity" options, and I don't want a distracting scroll-bar to appear. I also doubt most people use them for more than 20% of the time...

So are there any plans to allow these options to be hidden under an "advanced options" option, in the same way "pressure sensitivity" options can be hidden? There might be other options that people would like to hide, but those are the ones I find most distracting when I'm drawing in the Gimp. Of course, this is just my opinion, some people might not mind the clutter as much...

As a completely unrelated side-note, maybe Gfig could be added to the Toolbox, to make it easier to draw basic geometrical shapes without having to browse through all the filters. I'll submit this to Bugzilla if necessary, and if somebody else hasn't done it already.

___________________________________________________________ Win a castle for NYE with your mates and Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Sven Neumann
2004-11-21 23:51:33 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Valerie Van Kerckhove writes:

For the same reasons one would like to hide the "pressure sensitivy" options in the Tool options dialogue, I'd like to be able to hide some other options. Mainly, I'd like to be able to hide "Fade out" and "Use color from gradient" options for most of the painting tools, as they take up much more space than "pressure sensitivity" options, and I don't want a distracting scroll-bar to appear. I also doubt most people use them for more than 20% of the time...

Yes, it might make sense to use expanders to hide some of the less frequently used options.

As a completely unrelated side-note, maybe Gfig could be added to the Toolbox, to make it easier to draw basic geometrical shapes without having to browse through all the filters. I'll submit this to Bugzilla if necessary, and if somebody else hasn't done it already.

No. Only tools should be in the toolbox. Instead of adding GFig we should add a Shapes tool. There's a bug report for that already and I hope that we can add such a tool for GIMP 2.4.

Sven