RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Newsprint

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

200410291635.17333.gwidion@... 07 Oct 20:23
  Newsprint David Odin 29 Oct 23:25
   Newsprint miriam clinton (iriXx) 29 Oct 16:39
    Newsprint Sven Neumann 30 Oct 15:09
     Newsprint Daniel Egger 30 Oct 20:10
   Newsprint Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 30 Oct 05:16
   Newsprint Sven Neumann 30 Oct 15:03
miriam clinton (iriXx)
2004-10-29 16:39:22 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Newsprint

Please take me off this list. I unsubscribed via the mailman interface yesterday and am still getting messages.

David Odin
2004-10-29 23:25:46 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Newsprint

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 04:35:17PM -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

Newsprint plug-in is working fine now.

Sorry for not replying you earlier. I just rubilt the GIMPyesterday, and I was lost on the broken-plug-ins-with-gcc-3.3 mess.

:-)

You should really upgrade to 3.4, it is much faster and produce much smaller executables.

However, I still think it is too tall, and that an easy way to get it more confortable is a right-placed preview. Do you mind if we talk about it on gimp-developer to get more opinions?

I would strongly object to have a preview at the right of a dialog. Most (I would like all, but...) dialogs show the preview at the top. Some are showing it at the left. So, if it has to be on the side, it should be the left one. I would much prefer to change the rest of the interface.

However, the Gimp is a group effort, and of course it is always better to have more than one opinion. I've CC this to gimp-devel. Can someone please give us an advice here?

Regards,

DindinX

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-10-30 05:16:36 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Newsprint

On Friday 29 October 2004 19:25, David Odin wrote:

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 04:35:17PM -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno

Calligaris wrote:

Newsprint plug-in is working fine now.

Sorry for not replying you earlier. I just rubilt the GIMPyesterday, and I was lost on the broken-plug-ins-with-gcc-3.3 mess.

:-)

You should really upgrade to 3.4, it is much faster and produce much smaller executables.

However, I still think it is too tall, and that an easy way to get it more confortable is a right-placed preview. Do you mind if we talk about it on gimp-developer to get more opinions?

I would strongly object to have a preview at the right of a dialog. Most (I would like all, but...) dialogs show the preview at the top. Some are showing it at the left. So, if it has to be on the side, it should be the left one. I would much prefer to change the rest of the interface.

Doh!
I said right, thinking of left. Sorry.

However, the Gimp is a group effort, and of course it is always better to have more than one opinion. I've CC this to gimp-devel. Can someone please give us an advice here?

Regards,

DindinX

Sven Neumann
2004-10-30 15:03:58 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Newsprint

Hi,

David Odin writes:

IMHO the preview in Newsprint should be moved to the left, as has been done for the Bumpmap plug-in. As it stands the dialog is too tall.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-10-30 15:09:59 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Newsprint

Hi,

"miriam clinton (iriXx)" writes:

Please take me off this list. I unsubscribed via the mailman interface yesterday and am still getting messages.

Welcome to Hotel Wilma. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Sven

Daniel Egger
2004-10-30 20:10:30 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Newsprint

On 30.10.2004, at 15:09, Sven Neumann wrote:

Welcome to Hotel Wilma. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Wilma? What happened to hotel California? ;)

Servus, Daniel