RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

forwarded message from c't computer magazine

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

forwarded message from c't computer magazine Tor Lillqvist 06 Oct 19:45
  forwarded message from c't computer magazine Sven Neumann 06 Oct 19:42
  forwarded message from c't computer magazine Daniel Egger 06 Oct 22:52
   forwarded message from c't computer magazine Sven Neumann 07 Oct 00:16
Sven Neumann
2004-10-06 19:42:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Tor Lillqvist writes:

Again this c't magazine asking for permission to put GIMP (for Windows, presumably) on a CD-ROM. Could some of our German developers try to tell them once more that they don't have to ask me (or anybody else) for permission.

Done.

Sven

Tor Lillqvist
2004-10-06 19:45:36 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Again this c't magazine asking for permission to put GIMP (for Windows, presumably) on a CD-ROM. Could some of our German developers try to tell them once more that they don't have to ask me (or anybody else) for permission. (And on the other hand, even if they had to, I wouldn't be able to give the permission on my own, as there are dozens of copyright owners.)

--tml

Daniel Egger
2004-10-06 22:52:10 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On 06.10.2004, at 19:45, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

Again this c't magazine asking for permission to put GIMP (for Windows, presumably) on a CD-ROM. Could some of our German developers try to tell them once more that they don't have to ask me (or anybody else) for permission. (And on the other hand, even if they had to, I wouldn't be able to give the permission on my own, as there are dozens of copyright owners.)

I guess it's because they want to take your binaries for distribution instead of compiling it on their own and to be polite they're asking for your permission.

Of course we Germans (Sven, mitch, nomis or I for instance) can talk to atr (whoever that may be) because of this but I think it might make more sense to grant them the distribution of your binaries by hitting the link twice a year.

Servus, Daniel

Sven Neumann
2004-10-07 00:16:31 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Daniel Egger writes:

I guess it's because they want to take your binaries for distribution instead of compiling it on their own and to be polite they're asking for your permission.

I got a reply to the mail I sent to c't saying that the mail to Tor shouldn't have been sent. A mistake has been made but there's nothing to worry about and it won't happen again.

Sven