RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Image cut-n-paste; Mac clipboard plugin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Image cut-n-paste; Mac clipboard plugin Tor Lillqvist 06 Jul 10:52
  Image cut-n-paste; Mac clipboard plugin Sven Neumann 06 Jul 12:32
Tor Lillqvist
2004-07-06 10:52:15 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

When I started to implement the GDK clipboard functionality I was hoping there was better support for it in the win32 GDK backend.

Thinking a bit more on it, adding support for cut&paste of images to gdk/win32 would probably not be hard at all. Much code from winclipboard.c can be reused. For interoperability with other Windows apps one presumably should store/accept image data in/from the Windows Clipboard in the predefined "CF_DIB" format (DIB == "device-independent bitmap"; basically an in-core BMP I think).

I doubt I have time to do it before going on vacation for three weeks next Saturday, though. Hans or somebody else wanna try?

--tml

Sven Neumann
2004-07-06 12:32:13 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

Tor Lillqvist writes:

When I started to implement the GDK clipboard functionality I was hoping there was better support for it in the win32 GDK backend.

Thinking a bit more on it, adding support for cut&paste of images to gdk/win32 would probably not be hard at all. Much code from winclipboard.c can be reused. For interoperability with other Windows apps one presumably should store/accept image data in/from the Windows Clipboard in the predefined "CF_DIB" format (DIB == "device-independent bitmap"; basically an in-core BMP I think).

The first thing to do then would be to add a GdkPixbuf module for the "CF_DIB" format. It can be bundled with GIMP in the Win32 installer.

Sven