RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Funding news

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Funding news David Neary 02 Jun 13:15
  Funding news Simon Budig 02 Jun 15:13
David Neary
2004-06-02 13:15:31 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Funding news

Hi all,

I have a few bits of great news today.

First, the FSF have agreed to be a major supporter of the conference again (they have been our largest supporter for each of the 3 GIMP Conferences so far).

Second, we have just won a Merit award from the OSI, which results in a cash donation of $500 to the project.

Third, in the week after the "donating" paypal link was added to the www.gimp.org page, there were 10 donations via paypal, for a sum total of $250 after deductions. Now that the website is back up (thanks yosh), it would be great to announce that we need money to get people to the conference, and get as many donations as possible from that route.

We now have a total of almost $5000 in funding, including the leftovers from last year. I think that with a decent drive between now and the conference, we could get that up to perhaps $7000, which by my rough estimate would pay roughly 60% of the total travel costs. That said, if people from the US or Australia need more than 60% to get there, and people from Europe need less, it will be distributed according to need.

Cheers, Dave.

Simon Budig
2004-06-02 15:13:07 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Funding news

David Neary (dneary@free.fr) wrote:

I have a few bits of great news today.

Great news indeed. Thanks for the work you're putting into this!

Bye, Simon