RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cleaning up the wiki

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Cleaning up the wiki Michael Schumacher 08 May 01:33
  Cleaning up the wiki Sven Neumann 10 May 13:06
   Cleaning up the wiki Dave Neary 10 May 13:56
Michael Schumacher
2004-05-08 01:33:09 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Cleaning up the wiki

Hi,

as you might (or might not) have noticed, the wiki at http://wiki.gimp.org is becoming a really useful resource for The GIMP. There are, however, a few problems that should be looked at.

In short words, these are look, content and configuration.

Look

The wiki just doesn't look like a gimp site, but a MoinMoin wiki site. At least the logo should be replace by a wilber logo. Preferably, the layout should resemble the www.gimp.org and developer.gimp.org.

However, given the various problems that rose during the website move, I don't think anyone should waste time for creating a layout that will be considered inappropriate for the wiki.

Content

Sooner or later, the content of a wiki will become a mess. Everyone creates page names just like he wants, there are a lot of unfinished pages, duplicates, ...
Just remove them, you say? Well, if I read the wiki help correctly, this is not possible without having an account to and enough priviledges on the system where the wiki is installed. Other wikis offer this in their web interface, MoinMoin apparently doesn't.

Configuration

Some additional, quite useful features of the wiki have to be enabled by the administrator. Mail notification, other url protocols, file uploads, ...

So, I'd like to have the following questions answered:

- is there anyone who feels responsible for the wiki? - does anyone feel responsible for bugs reported against the wiki? - how should theese bugs and feature requests be reported? - who has the needed priviledges to do the kind changes mentioned above?

And, just in case "no", "not at all" or "no one" are the answers, what can be done to change this?

Michael

Sven Neumann
2004-05-10 13:06:37 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Cleaning up the wiki

Hi,

Michael Schumacher writes:

- is there anyone who feels responsible for the wiki?

I don't feel responsible but I have a friend who's experienced with MoinMoin wikis and offered his help. He wants to address technical problems only, which means updating the Wiki to a more recent version and theming it so that it looks more GIMPish. We only didn't get around to do this yet...

Sven

Dave Neary
2004-05-10 13:56:11 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Cleaning up the wiki

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:

I don't feel responsible but I have a friend who's experienced with MoinMoin wikis and offered his help. He wants to address technical problems only, which means updating the Wiki to a more recent version and theming it so that it looks more GIMPish. We only didn't get around to do this yet...

Where's the wiki housed? And who has a shell account with sufficient permissions to add files in there, and modify existing ones (for instance, turning on attachments in the configuration)?

Cheers, Dave.