RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

OpenGL under GIMP ??

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

OpenGL under GIMP ?? Pablo Quinta Vidal 28 Apr 17:10
  OpenGL under GIMP ?? Sven Neumann 30 Apr 02:41
   OpenGL under GIMP ?? Nathan Carl Summers 30 Apr 22:53
Pablo Quinta Vidal
2004-04-28 17:10:31 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

OpenGL under GIMP ??

Hi all!
This is my first post to the list and I want to know if its possible to use OpenGL under GIMP.
I need to do this because I am creating a plugin that will open some 3D formats. I made a program in OpenGL to do this but the problem is how to integrate this program in a plugin.
My idea is:
1 Open the selected file with my program (wich is in the plugin) in a "preview window"
2 Select the visualization (angle,size,...) 3 Pass the rendered image to the GIMP

The problem is that when I try to starts the glux the plugin crashes. Does anyone know how to do this??
I use mesa and GLUT for the OpenGL an the plugin is for GIMP 1.2.

Thanks.

Sven Neumann
2004-04-30 02:41:21 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

OpenGL under GIMP ??

Hi,

"Pablo Quinta Vidal" writes:

This is my first post to the list and I want to know if its possible to use OpenGL under GIMP.
I need to do this because I am creating a plugin that will open some 3D formats. I made a program in OpenGL to do this but the problem is how to integrate this program in a plugin. My idea is:
1 Open the selected file with my program (wich is in the plugin) in a "preview window"
2 Select the visualization (angle,size,...) 3 Pass the rendered image to the GIMP

GIMP doesn't use OpenGL but of course a GIMP plug-in can use whatever library it wants to use as long as it's possible to integrate it with the GLib main loop.

Sven

Nathan Carl Summers
2004-04-30 22:53:21 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

OpenGL under GIMP ??

On 30 Apr 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

"Pablo Quinta Vidal" writes:

GIMP doesn't use OpenGL but of course a GIMP plug-in can use whatever library it wants to use as long as it's possible to integrate it with the GLib main loop.

Try GtkGLExt. It's at http://gtkglext.sourceforge.net

Rockwalrus