RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Just Thoughts.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Just Thoughts. Cyril Zorin 26 Apr 10:43
Cyril Zorin
2004-04-26 10:43:28 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Just Thoughts.

Hi Sven!

Well, I was working on two things, one of which requires me to add an extra preference.

The first thing I wanted to work on, is the addition of two options to the Edit->Stroke Selection dialog. Just like in Photoshop, I thought it would be nice if Gimp allowed you to specify where you want the stroke to appear, inside selection, outside, or centre (like it is now). It's extremely easy to implement, and I thought it would be neat if Gimp had this feature too, to perhaps assist the migration of Photoshop users to Gimp, etc., and simply to add a convenient little feature.

The other feature (the one that requires the addition of a preference) is my idea of implementing a button/keystroke other than MouseDown that will initiate Painting. So, just like you have to press the Left mouse button to start painting/drawing, I'd like it to be configurable, where the user can specify a key/mouse button they can press, and drawing commences. This is because most users don't own graphics Tablets, and are therefore constricted to drawing with the mouse. When you exert pressure with your index finger, it takes away from the accuracy of your wrist, so I thought that it would be convenient if I wrote something that enables the user to (for example) press (and hold) CTRL with their left hand, and draw with their right (if they're right-handed), etc. Another idea is to make Gimp work in "modes", where CTRL (or any other key) can be pressed (and released) to toggle "Drawing mode", and then all you have to do to draw is move the mouse around.

Just thoughts.

- Cyril.