RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

perlgimp question (fwd)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Pine.LNX.4.44.0404121818300... kovzol 12 Apr 18:21
  perlgimp question (fwd) kovzol 12 Apr 20:56
   perlgimp question (fwd) Sven Neumann 12 Apr 22:20
    perlgimp question (fwd) Tino Schwarze 13 Apr 08:24
    perlgimp question (fwd) kovzol 13 Apr 17:28
kovzol
2004-04-12 20:56:24 UTC (about 20 years ago)

perlgimp question (fwd)

protocol error (1) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i586-linux-thread-multi/Gimp/Net.pm line 66.

Fortunately I have managed to solve this problem. An Xvfb server was needed. After I started it and added "export DISPLAY=:1" into the PHP script which calls the gimp-perl script, everything works fine. :-)

Thank you for your attention.

Regards, Zoltan

Sven Neumann
2004-04-12 22:20:29 UTC (about 20 years ago)

perlgimp question (fwd)

Hi,

kovzol writes:

Fortunately I have managed to solve this problem. An Xvfb server was needed. After I started it and added "export DISPLAY=:1" into the PHP script which calls the gimp-perl script, everything works fine. :-)

Perhaps you should consider to update to GIMP 2.0 then which doesn't need the virtual X server to run in batch mode any longer.

Sven

Tino Schwarze
2004-04-13 08:24:19 UTC (about 20 years ago)

perlgimp question (fwd)

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 10:20:29PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

Perhaps you should consider to update to GIMP 2.0 then which doesn't need the virtual X server to run in batch mode any longer.

But at least for me, the Gimp-Perl stuff doesn't work. I managed to get hold of the needed RPMs for my SuSE 9.0, compiled and installed Gimp-Perl but when I run any Perl scripts from Gimp, nothing happens. No output on stderr, no window, nothing.

Where should I look next?

Bye, Tino.

kovzol
2004-04-13 17:28:46 UTC (about 20 years ago)

perlgimp question (fwd)

Hi,

kovzol writes:

Dear Sven, thank you for the suggestion! As far as I can, I'll consider the update. The code currently works OK, however it is quite slow: 4 seconds/file. I think I should also consider using a perl server instead of running my script individually each time. Is GIMP 2.0 faster than 1.2 for image manipulations?

Zoltan