RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Histogramm Like Widget

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Histogramm Like Widget Alexey V.Chaykin 23 Mar 17:08
  Histogramm Like Widget Carol Spears 23 Mar 17:14
  Histogramm Like Widget Sven Neumann 24 Mar 01:49
Histogramm Like Widget Alexey V.Chaykin 23 Mar 17:59
  Histogramm Like Widget Carol Spears 23 Mar 18:22
Histogramm Like Widget Alexey V.Chaykin 24 Mar 14:05
Alexey V.Chaykin
2004-03-23 17:08:59 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Histogramm Like Widget

I am working on creating gimp-1.2 plug-in for image analizing. This plugin produses some set of data, and I need to draw it on separate window. Can You suggest any gimp or gtk widget (and urls of docs for it, the fact is, that I have looked thrue the api reference on the developer.gimp.org and still in shaos, I spent a lot of time clicking by cross references, and failed to create common picture in mind of using this stuff), apropriated for that purpose.

---
sorry for bad English

Carol Spears
2004-03-23 17:14:23 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Histogramm Like Widget

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 07:08:59PM +0300, Alexey V.Chaykin wrote:

I am working on creating gimp-1.2 plug-in for image analizing. This plugin produses some set of data, and I need to draw it on separate window. Can You suggest any gimp or gtk widget (and urls of docs for it, the fact is, that I have looked thrue the api reference on the developer.gimp.org and still in shaos, I spent a lot of time clicking by cross references, and failed to create common picture in mind of using this stuff), apropriated for that purpose.

might i suggest gtk2 and the "almost stable" gimp as these are being maintained and "do" more?

carol

Alexey V.Chaykin
2004-03-23 17:59:09 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Histogramm Like Widget

----- Original Message -----
To: "Alexey V.Chaykin" ; "GIMPDev"

Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 7:14 PM Subject: Re: Histogramm Like Widget

might i suggest gtk2 and the "almost stable" gimp as these are being maintained and "do" more?

The fact is, that set of plugins, I'm working on is writen for the gimp-1.2. Of course, first of all, I'm looking for the gimp-1.2/gtk-1.2 widget, but any information about "how to do it, using gimp2 and gtk2" is wanted.

Carol Spears
2004-03-23 18:22:29 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Histogramm Like Widget

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 07:59:09PM +0300, Alexey V.Chaykin wrote:

To: "Alexey V.Chaykin" ; "GIMPDev"

Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 7:14 PM Subject: Re: Histogramm Like Widget

The fact is, that set of plugins, I'm working on is writen for the gimp-1.2. Of course, first of all, I'm looking for the gimp-1.2/gtk-1.2 widget, but any information about "how to do it, using gimp2 and gtk2" is wanted.

well, there is a template for making plug-ins available on developer.gimp.org somewhere and also the gimp pdb that can be found under Xtns.

i told you about an overall feeling to not maintain or work on gimp-1.2 anymore. it was released christmas 2000 and everyone is bored with it. at least everyone i know who is working on gimp.

perhaps a few moments searching using your favorite search engine and an open mind for information?

http://www.google.com and http://search.yahoo.com/ are fairly useful for finding current information.

asking questions about more current versions of the gimp might actually get an answer from someone who knows more answers to your questions.

carol

Sven Neumann
2004-03-24 01:49:39 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Histogramm Like Widget

Hi,

"Alexey V.Chaykin" writes:

GIMP 2.0 has a histogram widget but it used by the core only and is not exposed to plug-ins. It would be nice to get an idea of the API you would expect from such a widget. The GimpHistogramView we use in the core is too much bound to the core data structures to be moved to libgimpwidgets as is:

http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/app/GimpHistogramView.html

But it would certainly be a good idea to have libgimpwidgets provide a histogram widget. So if you can tell us what you need more specifically, that would help a lot. Such development would of course not happen in the 1.2 tree but based on the current state of the code, that is GIMP 2.0.

Sven

Alexey V.Chaykin
2004-03-24 14:05:18 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Histogramm Like Widget

To: "Alexey V.Chaykin"
Cc:
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 3:49 AM Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Histogramm Like Widget

Hi,

GIMP 2.0 has a histogram widget but it used by the core only and is not exposed to plug-ins. It would be nice to get an idea of the API you would expect from such a widget. The GimpHistogramView we use in the core is too much bound to the core data structures to be moved to libgimpwidgets as is:

http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/app/GimpHistogramView.html

But it would certainly be a good idea to have libgimpwidgets provide a histogram widget. So if you can tell us what you need more specifically, that would help a lot. Such development would of course not happen in the 1.2 tree but based on the current state of the code, that is GIMP 2.0.

Ok, probably I need somthing like this:

GtkWidget->GimpHistWidget GimpHistWidget* gimp_histogram_new(); void gimp_histogram_set_data(int* y_vals, int* x_vals, int size); void gimp_histogram_read_data(int** y_vals, int** x_vals, int* size); void gimp_histogram_set_callback(GimpCallBack* callback); // sets callback on user-select-action of histogram diapazon (like in core Histogramm widget), widget provides callback with information of x0 and x1 of diapazon void gimp_histogram_delete(GimpHistWidget* histogram);