RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Printing with gimp 2.0 German

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Printing with gimp 2.0 German Frank Noack 09 Mar 20:39
  Re  : Printing with gimp 2.0 German Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 09 Mar 20:49
  Printing with gimp 2.0 German Frank Noack 09 Mar 20:50
  Printing with gimp 2.0 German Sven Neumann 09 Mar 21:28
Frank Noack
2004-03-09 20:39:36 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi

The print output from gimp2.0pre4 "german" is also buggy like in the previous versions. If i like to print with gimp with LANG=en is all ok. If i use LANG=de_DE@euro it does not work. With the same printer preferences "Cups with turboprint"
printername - Stylus640,
printer - PostScript Level 2,
command - lp -s -dStylus670,
pppd-file - /usr/share/cups/model/turboprint/Epson_StylusColor670.ppd it works with english language.
But if i change to german i get no preview. The developers from turboprint mean its a bug in the "translation" of floatingpoint numbers if using german. It "translates" the decimal point to a decimal comma.
Knows anybody something about this?

Thanks Frank

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-03-09 20:49:27 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Re  : Printing with gimp 2.0 German

Le 09.03.2004 20:39, Frank Noack a écrit :

Hi

The print output from gimp2.0pre4 "german" is also buggy like in the previous
versions. If i like to print with gimp with LANG=en is all ok. If i use

LANG=de_DE@euro it does not work. With the same printer preferences "Cups
with turboprint"
printername - Stylus640,
printer - PostScript Level 2,
command - lp -s -dStylus670,
pppd-file - /usr/share/cups/model/turboprint/Epson_StylusColor670.ppd it works with english language.
But if i change to german i get no preview. The developers from turboprint mean its a bug in the "translation" of floatingpoint numbers if using german. It "translates" the decimal point to a
decimal comma.
Knows anybody something about this?

Thanks Frank

The locale that fixes the decimal is LC_NUMERIC. The value for this for fr_FR ou de_DE is the comma. I suppose the bug is in Turboprint which is not aware of the locale. A call to setlocale() should be done in this program ...

A quick fix is to use LC_NUMERIC=C in your environement. Doing so you will get everywhere a dot instead of a comma as a decimal separator which is IMHO harmless.

--
Regards
- Jean-Luc

Frank Noack
2004-03-09 20:50:26 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Am Tuesday 09 March 2004 20:39 schrieb Frank Noack:

But if i change to german i get no preview.

I dont get only now preview, i cant also print. The job hangs and blocks all other printing jobs.

Frank

Sven Neumann
2004-03-09 21:28:08 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Frank Noack writes:

The print output from gimp2.0pre4 "german" is also buggy like in the previous versions.

Didn't you even report the following bug?

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=135475

The answer to your question is right there at this page. Also, whoever built your version of GIMP must have ignored a big fat warning that asked him/her to update libgimpprint to version 4.2.6.

Sven