RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Costs estimates

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Costs estimates Dave Neary 23 Feb 15:42
  Costs estimates Nathan Carl Summers 23 Feb 20:03
   Costs estimates Sven Neumann 24 Feb 11:13
    Costs estimates Daniel Egger 24 Feb 23:15
    Costs estimates Christopher Curtis 25 Feb 02:10
  Costs estimates Henrik Brix Andersen 25 Feb 11:34
  Costs estimates Roman Joost 25 Feb 22:53
   Costs estimates Terje Tjervaag 26 Feb 10:36
Dave Neary
2004-02-23 15:42:19 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Costs estimates

Hi all,

For funding requests for GIMPCon in Norway, it will be very useful to have cost estimates for the event for the GIMP.

Could everyone planning to go to Kristiansand send an estimate of how much money they will need to get there? Also, could you mention whether you will need some money in advance to pay for a plane ticket or something? If we know that you need money in advance, we can try and work something out.

Your expenses should cover transport and accommodation, and you should also say how much you really need - so for example, "My plane ticket is €350, and hotel will be about €150 for the 3 nights, so that makes €500, but I guess I could get there with €300 and put up the other €200 myself". Basically, the chances are that there will not be enough money to cover all expenses, but if there aren't we'll try to cover the minimum to have the maximum amount of people there.

If you could do a quick search, and send me this information this week, that would be cool.

Cheers,
Dave.

Nathan Carl Summers
2004-02-23 20:03:16 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Costs estimates

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Dave Neary wrote:

Hi all,

For funding requests for GIMPCon in Norway, it will be very useful to have cost estimates for the event for the GIMP.

Could everyone planning to go to Kristiansand send an estimate of how much money they will need to get there?

Ugh! I can't find airfare there any cheaper than about US$1500. Has anyone from the US found a much better deal?

Rockwalrus

Sven Neumann
2004-02-24 11:13:31 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Costs estimates

Hi,

Nathan Carl Summers writes:

Could everyone planning to go to Kristiansand send an estimate of how much money they will need to get there?

Ugh! I can't find airfare there any cheaper than about US$1500. Has anyone from the US found a much better deal?

Did you also check flights going to Oslo?

Sven

Daniel Egger
2004-02-24 23:15:24 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Costs estimates

On Feb 24, 2004, at 11:13 am, Sven Neumann wrote:

I'd rather check the flights with a slighty longer stay instead. 6 nights and the flights will only cost 25% == €300 for me.

Servus, Daniel

Christopher Curtis
2004-02-25 02:10:17 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Costs estimates

Sven Neumann wrote:

Nathan Carl Summers writes:

It would have been nice to include dates and places. I didn't search the archives, but I couldn't find anything in the Wiki.

On a whim last night, I saw a number of flights from Orlando to Oslo from ~US$420+ at Travelocity. They had restrictions like "anytime in June," but not knowing the dates I couldn't tell if that mattered.

rgds, Chris

Henrik Brix Andersen
2004-02-25 11:34:51 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Costs estimates

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 15:42, Dave Neary wrote:

Could everyone planning to go to Kristiansand send an estimate of how much money they will need to get there? Also, could you mention whether you will need some money in advance to pay for a plane ticket or something? If we know that you need money in advance, we can try and work something out.

For how long do we plan to stay in Kristiansand? Just for GUADEC - or do we plan to extend GIMPCon2004 to cover the weekend?

Your expenses should cover transport and accommodation, and you should also say how much you really need - so for example, "My plane ticket is €350, and hotel will be about €150 for the 3 nights, so that makes €500, but I guess I could get there with €300 and put up the other €200 myself". Basically, the chances are that there will not be enough money to cover all expenses, but if there aren't we'll try to cover the minimum to have the maximum amount of people there.

I was thinking... Instead of spending NOK 300 (or more) on a hotel room, perhaps we could bring tents? That could bring in some of cool "evening hacking" we did at the CCC during last GIMPCon.

Sincerely, ./Brix

Roman Joost
2004-02-25 22:53:54 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Costs estimates

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 03:42:19PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:

Well, I don't know if it is possible for me to come, because I'm in Rotterdam to complete my internship in this time. I think, that this isn't the biggest problem for me, rather then the expenses for travel.

Your expenses should cover transport and accommodation, and you should also say how much you really need - so for example, "My plane ticket is 350 EUR, and hotel will be about 150 EUR for the 3 nights, so that makes 500 EUR, but I guess I could get there with 300 EUR and put up the other 200 EUR myself". Basically, the chances are that there will not be enough money to cover all expenses, but if there aren't we'll try to cover the minimum to have the maximum amount of people there.

I checked at opodo.de for travelcosts by plane to kristiansand and it was very expensive: 700 EUR and more (the route is stupid - they'll fly through europe to oslo). The "Deutsche Bahn" couldn't give me a price, so maybe there will be other chances or places to look for a more cheaper ticket. Please let me know, if there are cheaper ways ...

I found some hotels to stay and there are about 764 NOK (about 87 EUR) times 3 and i got: 261 EUR for accomondation. Maybe its possible to stay as a student in the student flats or in a motel room ...

If that is, what it looks like (more than 1000 EUR) i better stay in rotterdam for this year and let some more important persons for gimp development to meet eachother in kristiansand. About 500 EUR looks possible for me, but traveling by car seems more stressfull for my car than for me ;)

Greetings,

Terje Tjervaag
2004-02-26 10:36:37 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Costs estimates

I don't think I'll be attending GimpCON in Kristiansand myself, but as a Norwegian I thought I might be able to help out with some info:

Continental Airlines recently announced a direct flight between New York (Newark Intl.A) and Oslo that is due to start on the 18th of June. This might results in cheaper flights on that route, both from them and from companies offering other routes between the two cities.

For Europeans, Ryanair fly to Torp Airport, which conveniently also cuts the travel time from the airport to Kristiansand in half, compared to Oslo Gardermoen. Unfortunately, Ryanair only fly to and from three destinations, Frankfurt Hahn, Glasgow Prestwick and London Stanstead, but with their cheap prices it might still be worth the extra travel to the airport.

Someone mentioned bringing tents. There's a rock festival (www.quart.no) in Kristiansand a week before GimpCON where a lot of people bring tents so that shouldn't be a problem, both wrt the climate and availability of green pastures. ;)

Hope this helps,