RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

PSD plugin...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

PSD plugin... Adam D. Moss 12 Feb 16:29
  PSD plugin... Sven Neumann 12 Feb 17:57
Adam D. Moss
2004-02-12 16:29:42 UTC (about 20 years ago)

PSD plugin...

I've just checked a small backlog of fixes into GIMP HEAD's PSD loader. Quick testing (i.e. whether it compiles :() from someone with HEAD would be welcome, since I guess we're getting close to GIMP 2.0.

I'm also looking for someone who wants to actively maintain the PSD loader, since after six or seven years I'm sick of the sight of the ugly thing, ermmmm, I mean I don't have the time/tools any more. :) You'll need a fair corpus of PSD files from various Photoshop versions to check for regressions against (regressions are easy to introduce in some PSD files while 'fixing' others, and that's not good).

--Adam

Sven Neumann
2004-02-12 17:57:48 UTC (about 20 years ago)

PSD plugin...

Hi,

"Adam D. Moss" writes:

I've just checked a small backlog of fixes into GIMP HEAD's PSD loader. Quick testing (i.e. whether it compiles :() from someone with HEAD would be welcome, since I guess we're getting close to GIMP 2.0.

Would be nice if someone could check if this commit fixes one or more of the outstanding bug reports against the PSD plug-in. These are:

ID TargetM Summary

123321 2.0 PSD plugin crashes importing a file 68538 1.2.6 psd plugin crashes on output of Panorama Tools 123888 2.0 PSD images gets wrong "modulo" 122602 2.0 Gimp 'psd' plugin crashes trying to load file 102910 Future Cannot load this .psd (attachment) file. 121871 2.0 Saving large PSD's make the psd plugin crash.

Sven