RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[patch]Gimp plug-in template 1.3.2 won't compile

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[patch]Gimp plug-in template 1.3.2 won't compile Kevin Cozens 01 Feb 05:46
  [patch]Gimp plug-in template 1.3.2 won't compile Manish Singh 01 Feb 09:28
   [patch]Gimp plug-in template 1.3.2 won't compile Kevin Cozens 01 Feb 18:03
    [patch]Gimp plug-in template 1.3.2 won't compile Sven Neumann 02 Feb 14:48
     [patch]Gimp plug-in template 1.3.2 won't compile Kevin Cozens 02 Feb 17:24
Kevin Cozens
2004-02-01 05:46:35 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Greetings.

The 1.3.2 of the sample plug-in (gimp-plugin-template) uses some features that are deprecated in the latest CVS version of the GIMP. It is also missing an argument to one function call. The attached patch allows the template plugin to compile.

Manish Singh
2004-02-01 09:28:28 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 11:46:35PM -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:

Greetings.

The 1.3.2 of the sample plug-in (gimp-plugin-template) uses some features that are deprecated in the latest CVS version of the GIMP. It is also missing an argument to one function call. The attached patch allows the template plugin to compile.

Thanks, but these have already been fixed in gimp-plugin-template CVS for some time already.

-Yosh

Kevin Cozens
2004-02-01 18:03:59 UTC (over 20 years ago)

At 03:28 AM 02/01/2004, you wrote:

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 11:46:35PM -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:

Greetings.

Thanks, but these have already been fixed in gimp-plugin-template CVS for some time already.

If it wasn't for the fact that I am usually up late, I'd blame the confusion on my being up late.

To clarify, I have started looking at porting Guash to the 2.0 API. I didn't know if anyone else is doing it but I would like it and it would be a good learning exercise. I wanted to have the sample plug-in to look at as a template.

I found a link to the template on developer.gimp.org so I have a released tarball and not a copy from a CVS repository. The sample template uses features that are deprecated in the latest CVS copy of GTK+ (I didn't mean to say GIMP in my original message).

If these things have been fixed, sounds like its time to release a new tarball. Also, any chance of a sample template that isn't tied to an Image (ie. one that attaches to )?

Cheers!

Kevin. (http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/)

Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172 |"What are we going to do today, Borg?" E-mail:kcozens at interlog dot com|"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: Packet:ve3syb@ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na| Try to assimilate the world!" #include | -Pinkutus & the Borg

Sven Neumann
2004-02-02 14:48:23 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Kevin Cozens writes:

To clarify, I have started looking at porting Guash to the 2.0 API. I didn't know if anyone else is doing it but I would like it and it would be a good learning exercise. I wanted to have the sample plug-in to look at as a template.

Given the state of the guash code and that it never got the reputation of being stable, I'd advocate to write a new plug-in instead of attempting to port this code. I've been playing with a thumbnail browser plug-in to make some more use of libgimpthumb. So far it's a command-line tool only but it could be interesting to add a GUI to it. In the end this plug-in could come quite closely to what guash used to do.

I found a link to the template on developer.gimp.org so I have a released tarball and not a copy from a CVS repository. The sample template uses features that are deprecated in the latest CVS copy of GTK+ (I didn't mean to say GIMP in my original message).

If these things have been fixed, sounds like its time to release a new tarball.

If you had a look at the CVS version it would have been clear to you that the new tarball is around the door.

Sven

Kevin Cozens
2004-02-02 17:24:41 UTC (over 20 years ago)

At 08:48 AM 02/02/2004, Sven wrote:

Given the state of the guash code and that it never got the reputation of being stable, I'd advocate to write a new plug-in instead of attempting to port this code. I've been playing with a thumbnail browser plug-in to make some more use of libgimpthumb.

The GUASH code looks a little messy too and could stand some clean up or splitting in to several files. I don't know which way I will go with this yet. Thanks for pointing out libgimpthumb. Sounds like that could be useful.

If you had a look at the CVS version it would have been clear to you that the new tarball is around the door.

I would have looked at the CVS copy I had known it was in CVS at the time. Anyway, thanks for the new tarball. I'll grab a copy of it in a little while.

Cheers!

Kevin. (http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/)

Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172 |"What are we going to do today, Borg?" E-mail:kcozens at interlog dot com|"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: Packet:ve3syb@ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na| Try to assimilate the world!" #include | -Pinkutus & the Borg